Buff Ember Sword

Follow up suggestion to Make ember swords more rare.

We all know about the original fire sword. A wooden sword with fire aspect. Every hit would light the player on fire. The fire would block most of the screen too.

The original fire sword was much too powerful. Replacing it with the Ember Sword was a step in the right direction.

However, unlike the fire sword, the Ember Sword is much too weak. People never use it and it does nothing but waste inventory space. Not even a small buff was able to make the Ember Sword shine.

But there are fixes to this.

First, increase the rarity for the Ember Sword. The suggestion for that is at the beginning of this post. Change the fire texture to obscure less of the screen.

With these changes, a variety of options for buffing the sword is available.

• Ignition probability changes - Guarantee ignition instead of relying on chance.
  • Sharpness - Sharpness 3 makes the sword as powerful as diamond. This change alone justifies increasing the rarity of the Ember Sword.
  • Fire Aspect - Yes, this was the entire problem with the original fire sword. However, these could come with very low durability. One of the settings in LCE’s Battle minigame changed all loot to have really low durability. The armor and weapons would break after only a few hits. The same could be done here.
  • A combination of the above - Sharpness 3 plus Fire Aspect combined with an incredibly low durability would supply players with an incredibly powerful sword. It would promote strategy as players couldn’t just use all their hits at once. This would be the biggest buff for the Ember Sword and would restore the fire sword’s previous legacy. However, to keep the game balanced, the probability of this sword appearing in game would have to be very, very low. Lower than Knockback Nemo, lower then Sharp 2 Iron.

TL;DR - Ember Sword needs a buff. Possibilities below:

• Guarantee ignition
    or
  • Add Sharpness 3
    or
  • Fire Aspect + Very low durability
    or
  • Sharp 3 + Fire Aspect + Very low durability

Nerf sword accordingly:

• Increase rarity
  • Retexture fire overlay to cover less of the screen

This is probably the most in-depth post about improving the Ember Sword. Fire Aspect can be ruled out if giving players items with low durability is not possible.

I do really like this idea but I think that so many people in the community will despise if this were to happen,

4 Likes

I feel like sharp 3 is a bit too far, maybe sharp 1 or 2 to make it like stone or iron?

5 Likes

I think sharpness three would hit like a truck, plus the fire damage.

This most likely cannot be done because if you want to adjust the fire overlay on your screen, you need to download a texture pack yourself.

I don’t think there should be some sort of buff or nerf to it. The Hive team do understand that the ember sword isn’t really most of the community’s favorite item in Skywars. But in order to keep things fair and balanced, the ember sword is really good for now. I changed my mind gradually after my post about the ember sword.

As I used the sword a lot during recent skywars games, I figured that it isn’t that bad. You see, when fighting a few enemies, the sword ignites them normally after 5-8 hits. For me at least. Again, this doesn’t seem bad at all according to me because I hit people so much.

just make it a fire two sword with 3 uses, no sharp required (fire 2 lasts longer)

3 Likes

It will do nothing to help you if you’re against someone with a diamond sword, which almost always happens.

1 Like

Ehh, maybe you are right teehee. But I still think that you can always get a different sword/weapon with the ores near you.

Bomp

I forgot that this existed

the fire sword is a big nerf to the old fire sword. if this happens, it would be wayyyyy better than the old one

O god pls no, this would be so annoying to fight with, especially if you cant get a lowfire pack, (I know a lot of people who cant)

1 Like

The fire not obstructing view is not on hive, it’s on mojang.
Good ideas nontheless

Please only bump a post if you have something new to add to the conversation.

1 Like