Bridging Anti-Cheat Detection

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or global):
What was affected - Getting kicked? In rare cases, you can get banned.

What is the bug?
When styling with bridging (diagonal and such) for at least around 32ish blocks and only holding W as your movement, you get kicked from anticheat detection. Certain accounts, like one of my alts, have gotten banned for a week due to excessive styling, though this was a while ago so idk what changed since then. Though this may help the server kick certain cheaters who don’t know what they are doing with their client, it feels more harmful than beneficial overall. The reason I say that is because the cheaters that know what they’re doing can still quite easily bypass the scaffold anticheat, by using a scaffold that places blocks the java edition way (I may be very wrong, but that’s what it appears to look like on hive cheating videos.) Ofc, I’m not trying to promote cheats by saying that lol.

Device(s) & Version
Windows 10, 1.18.12 x86, probably not very useful

Screenshots and/or video:

2 Likes

Hey there :wave:

Thank you for taking the time to report this, our anti-cheat devs will investigate.

Stay safe and well!

2 Likes

Our anti-cheat team has done as much as they can to prevent players being kicked, but there’s sadly not too much more we can really do about this without jeopardizing the efficiency of our scaffold checks. I recommend using another bridging method if you’re getting kicked a lot.