BlockParty: Soundtrack voting

Idea:

Players should be able to vote for soundtracks before the game begins

More information:

This would also give Hive+ another good perk, as their votes count double.

The current system is that only 2 or 3 soundtrack are in routine that changes every day, means if you grind a few hours a day you also only hear the same soundtrack over and over again. If we are able to vote from 6-7 soundtracks, we would at least have some more varity during grinding sessions.

I see two potential problems with this:

1. It might be hard to integrate with the system that changes the music each day. (About this feature)

2. If one song ends up being liked generally more than the others, it could lead to that song being picked every time, which would be extremely repetitive (for better or worse). I think that the main reason for the music being changed daily is to prevent it feeling like the same thing every single game, and this might take that away.

All that said it’s still a great idea and I voted anyway. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Not bad, maybe there could be a feature where you can preview the music to see the one you like :stuck_out_tongue:

I voted :ballot_box:

3 Likes

makes no sense if they are changing the music every day imo

4 Likes

What if rather than voting for the game’s music, you could just choose your own that only you could hear? There could also be a “default” option that uses their system of changing music every day. You could hear the song that you wanted, without it feeling repetitive for other people.

7 Likes

see my only issue with this is it could lead to the same song being voted over and over again, especially if you’re queued into matches with the same players several times in a row, and they favor 1 song. and i just don’t feel like queuing because i’m tired of the same song being voted over and over again

2 Likes

The current system is that only 2 or 3 soundtrack are in routine that changes every day, means if you grind a few hours a day you also only hear the same soundtrack over and over again. If we are able to vote from 6-7 soundtracks, we would at least have some more varity during grinding sessions.

3 Likes

Yes, voted!

1 Like

well you shoulda said that in the main post!
voted

1 Like

I still think it would be better if you could pick your own. The music is something that they could realistically make client side. This would mean you could choose a song, have it change every day like it does now, or even have a shuffle mode. This would be something only you can hear, and since you can turn off the music anyway, I think just choosing the song makes sense.

3 Likes

It’s not much of a party if you’re the only one hearing that song :sob: But I guess you have a point, if people can turn if off anyways and listen to music on other applications why not be able to listen to something else in game?

3 Likes

If would love this to added because i thought theres only 2 sounds but theres 5
I hope this get added

1 Like

Shure this is a good idea. Mabey a setting that you can pick wut song you want to listen to wile you play so each player gets to pick. Anyways good idea tho voted!

1 Like

To not have the repetiveness problem what its like mm because the maps randomly appear in the vote menu!

1 Like

Voted! :ballot_box:

This could also be a cool option for overriding votes for songs. SUGAR RUSH, HERE I COME! :partying_face:

2 Likes

The system that changes the music everyday could also change the songs you get to vote on everyday. For example, Sugar Rush and Electrobuzz are the 2 best and most popular songs, so they will probably be voted the most. Switch those out for another 2 songs to go in their spot, and boom problem fixed!

FAQ (kinda)

Q: Will the 2 most vote songs come back to voting?
A: Yes
Q: How many songs will you be able to vote for?
A: 6, with those 6 songs changing every day

But there is only four and maybe make it personal?

1 Like