BlockParty Gamemodes

Idea:
It’s quite literally impossible to add content to Block Party without adding more levels to the game or players grinding for the monthly / all-time leaderboards. It can get quite boring, don’t you think? With my idea, Block Party can have a bit more pizzazz and an increase of players and content.

Block Party cannot add more maps as it’s already randomised unless they change the hub of the players like The Bridge. So what do players vote for? Here’s where the cool idea is: different gamemodes.

With different gamemodes, players can vote for a “No PowerUp Round” or “First Person Perspective Round” where they can make the game even harder or easier. This will be entirely up to the players to decide and quite frankly, make the game less boring if more levels do get added.

Here's a list of some Gamemodes I thought of
  • Normal Round

• Permanently Jump Boost 2 Round

• Slow Falling Round

• First Person Only Round

• No Powerups Only Round

• Slower Timer Round

• PVP-enable Round

There’s honestly countless of unique combinations that Hive could add and make the game more enjoyable. Make sure to vote and give some of your best Round choices in the replies. I’ll add some of the best ones to the list and credit you!

• Antigravity Mode (slow falling and jump boost)

Yes, if BP had this, it would be more fun. Voted :mailbot:

4 Likes

I have an idea, what if they made a game mode where you have teams. They could have swords to try and kill the other team while avoiding falling if they don’t get to the right colour on time? The people who survived in the last team standing wins.

3 Likes

That sounds like king of the hill but with cheery music in the background :laughing:. But other than that I love it!

4 Likes

This idea is great. Voted.

Also, @Quick_Slowness better with knockback nemo’s. The point is not to pvp, but to go to the correct colour.

3 Likes

ah yes lets turn block party into sumo with colors I can’t see anything wrong with that idea

1 Like

in CS there are a bunch of things:
for example:
pvp powerups (knockback nemo etc.)
negative powerups
super powerups?

That gamemode doesn’t necessarily need to be added. It was just an example really.

If it were to be added, maybe it PVP could be turned off when the floor is removed. :person_shrugging:

Two letters, CS.

all of that :point_up: is available in custom servers.

This :point_up: is the only one that isn’t, but Block party has always been a fun game for everybody because you can be good at it without being too good at pvp. That :point_up: would change that.

Although I will still vote

Exactly, if it’s already available though Custom Servers, why not put it in the main game already!

And there’s plenty of reasons why people might not want to or just can’t play in a Custom Server.

One example is that non-Hive+ members can only be in a CS for 10 minutes per day!

Also, a lot of people seem to greatly dislike the PVP-enabled rounds which is very fair. I don’t think I would like it either. I was just spitballing ideas :sweat_smile: Again, not all the custom gamemodes need to be added and its up to Hive’s discretion. I just want a “dead” game to be more thrilling.

2 Likes

Here’s a new and upcoming post which features THIS idea. Not only will you get new and exciting gamemodes, you will get new designs of the Block Party map!

If you like this idea, then you will definitely enjoy this one:

The Block Party Update

1 Like

Thanks for the “sponsor” :joy:

Yay a “sponser”.:joy:

1 Like