Backrooms map balance

Hive has just added an actual cosmetic reward into a singular map being backrooms in murder mystery and this and other things has kinda ruined the game
and it needs major balancing
The issue that I’m seeing is that as a result of backrooms behind advertised on the server page and mm npc everyone is picking it and that just got way worse with the hunt where now if it’s available there will be 10-20 votes on it, and in the past hive said they were against labeling “new maps” for this reason
There are people who just wanna play murder mystery but instead half their games are backrooms and half of those games end immediately because the murderer isn’t even there to play, only to see if it was the right map, which leads me to my other balancing suggestion: make the variants way easier to get
Murder mystery shouldn’t be about queuing over and over to get a code and a costume, but that is what it has become
And the code should NOT be a first person to use because the variant is already way to rare and players should not have to suffer again because another player already did the code

Edit: a couple players also felt the powerups were too overpowered with the ability to have things like invisibility useable for 3 coins the ability to activate at any time

main balancing tips

• remove npc and server page advertisements
  • make the varients much more common
  • anyone can put their code if they have the correct map
  • minor powerup nerfs (increase price? Instant give effect?)

And another tip that could work but would also be negative not needed if the other tips could be considered

• just making the overall map rarer (would have negative effect on the 1000s of players queueing over and over for the costume)

Very good idea I agree :+1:

2 Likes

Same here, voted!

1 Like

I agree with your second and third points. However, I think the NPC and server page advertisements should stay, because they are good for drawing more players to the server.

2 Likes

Promotion is good if done correctly
Id rather see them promote it as “new mm maps” or “there has been strange sightings in mm :eyes: “ just something that won’t direct players to one specific map

Also I edited the post with another concern players had :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

omg guys mastr owl bot is alive!!!

I’d agree on removing the server ads for it and the code for everybody, but the rest is fine as it is.

3 Likes

I really agree with everything except the last point.

1 Like

Personally, haven’t had a big issue with getting the backroom map over and over again. The “hype” will end in like 1 - 2 weeks when most of the players, who are planning on getting the costume, get it.

I don’t think the advertisement is a big deal. It shouldn’t affect it that much. Also, there are currently 1,8k players playing, and I think that not even 200 are actively trying to get it.

2 Likes

I agree :+1:!
Ever since that update all I’ve played is backrooms map.
1+ vote

2 Likes

That is most likely true but an official hive gamemode should not be ruined for any amount of time even 1-2 weeks

I actually think this backrooms thing would have been perfect as a Halloween event in the hub (with changes ofc)

And I hope hive learns to never do a thing like this to a map ever again

Also regardless of the amount of people playing the percent of total mm players that do this ruin it for the regular players, all you need is a couple players in a lobby doing it to potentially ruin the game such as if one of them is murderer and requeues or their votes easily override the others (which occurs every time backrooms appears)

1 Like

U can get a cosmetic from backrooms huh I’m confused :thinking:

1 Like

Ye, it shouldn’t ever happen again
And can take hours to get
Unless you really wanna wear a hazmat suit
Don’t bother doing it

3 Likes

I’m doing it rn lol

Gotta rewrite my message cuz Mr splody not likey it

Yes! This idea is great, it’s a right step into making this event any bit fun!! Sure, it’s cool, but that doesn’t mean it’s fun!

I had an idea to make it where they stop misinformation about this event. Well, it was to quit sending people to ask in mm since people lie in there. I love being told that the computer is getting rarer and I have to complete it as soon as possible or I won’t get the reward. But they said this!

But your idea is better and would help this problem since it’d be a LOT easier to complete it! I won’t spend 5 hours doing it to find out it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Would make this event funner!

1 Like

Mason u should make a video Abt that

Oh my… can’t believe a paid staff said that
Time to delete this suggestion because it was a waste of time and hive will do what it wants and do whatever will get it players regardless of the playability for those regular players
joking obviously, this post needs to reach staff

2 Likes

Yep, I guess the Forums isn’t (and has never been) relevant I guess. Lol

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I don’t believe a support member called Charlie actually exists

This is most likely just a good fake in another server

Edit: This isn’t true, seems the support names changed again

2 Likes

It’s real, go search it up

1 Like

I am aware that a costume for the code exists but I don’t know what it looks like.

But a costume is definitely worth it for a TOUGH CODE I NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL I GOT ON THE FORUMS!

1 Like