Atlas System for catching cheaters?

I am aware that the hive is doing their best to improve the anticheat, but since the replay mod is soon to come, I think it would be a cool idea to have an atlas system. It basically allows you to spectate replays of random reported suspects and determine whether they’re cheating or not. I think it would be a fun way to help the server :slight_smile:

Also, I think it would be a good idea to restrict it to hive plus users only to avoid people from abusing it somehow.

3 Likes

You’d have to consider all the people who might say someone is hacking when they’re clearly not just to troll/target a specific player, but otherwise I do feel like this is a fun idea.

Also, I don’t think restricting it to Hive+ would help, but that’ just me :o

I like the name too, “atlas” sounds nice

6 Likes

Maybe there should be a way to prioritise legitimate reports. And maybe deprioritise abusive reports

1 Like

I think the whole point of atlas would be to stop abusive reports using atlas, so even if someone trolls a random person, you could always select an option saying they’re legit

1 Like

The average bedrock edition player is neither competent nor mature to determine whether someone is cheating or not. Also the Hive is not Hypixel.

16 Likes

I mean, I feel like in game reporting will be enough, we can let the mods handle it, and the hive can always add more if they don’t have enough

3 Likes

“Atlas” is the name Hypixel calls it. So it would probably be called something else on Hive.

3 Likes

One step at a time. If ingame reporting doesn’t work well enough, then who knows.

1 Like

Hypixel didn’t come up with the idea, csgo for example has had it for a long time and called it “overwatch”

6 Likes

also it’s not the average bedrock edition player, on hypixel to use atlas you have to be network level 50 and you need 500 games played in the mode you are choosing to do it in (i.e 500 duels games played and network level 50)

obviously hive could tweak this to make this more effective, but atlas isn’t for players to ban hackers, it’s to make going through reports easier. if mods see a lot of people saying that one person is cheater, it will make it easier for the staff.

6 Likes

Make sure to vote for your own suggestion

1 Like

I understand a Idea from and Feature from Hypixel… smart, still get my vote

Bumpy bump

I was going to make a new suggestion about this, but I saw it would’ve been a dupe so I found this topic. now since the replay system is coming soon to the Public, could we have this? I think it would be great to crack down on cheaters and it would be a fun way to do it, also this would be great for content creators to make videos using this

2 Likes

In-game reporting will be intertwined with the replay system, this has been the plan all along.

10 Likes

Bump, would jump like to bring more attention to this

I think the replay system should be tweaked in a way that atlas works. Already reporting hackers can take from 1 min to a day of not responding. I think however people who want to participate on this should apply for it first and meet the criterias given. For example:

1. A player joined on hive for a year.
    So that it will lessen alts making abuses to the reporting.
  2. Have maxed out of 2-3 original games such as skywars or hide and seek
    So that people will know you have proper experiences on games to judge people’s report.
  3. Have clean record of no ban for atleast 3-6 months. Any light sentences can lighten the last requirements.
    Although this is just an idea. It could be added or NOT.

I agree with everything except the maxing part. Thats just pointless considering most players like me who play main java but still play bedrock frequently to have enough of an idea how chests work. I’m like level 42 in tws and 28 in skywars so i’m obviously not the highest level but I have the experience to know what i’m doing. Also I was a mineplex main way before I came to hive. The 1 year limit is fine by itself

Just thought of it, instead of having to max 2 games, how about you just need to get 120 levels minimum in all the games combine to join the requirements. Feel free to criticize.

1 Like

I could see this getting out of hand but hypixel used to use this same method so it could work… I feel as though instead of being hive plus only they should make it so you have to register so there isn’t a whole lot of trolls how ever I wouldn’t know how they’d make that work but its just a suggestion so…

Maybe a combined 100 levels to make it clean™ then again, the way it works on hypixel is that you need to have certain number of games in that played as well (like 500) so they could do that on top of server level