Adding ranks

Ranking system

I think that you guys should add a ranking system to seperate people in different categories.

So that the new players can play with other new players to keep the experience fun for them instead of going against better players.

So… sort of like level based matchmaking? i guess it makes sense. Voted!

Level. Doesnt. Always. Mean. Skill.
Also if you are talking about level based matchmaking then it wont work that well since there won’t be good queue timings. Sure there can be a lot of new players who might easily queue but most of the better players aren’t really as active so it’ll be unfair if the better players would be stuck waiting for several minutes.

This is a dupe either way though

3 Likes

I think they’re suggesting sbmm like MMR.

My opinion still would stay the same then if thats what they also mean

Hey Leo, welcome to the community! :smile: I think your idea of a ranking system to separate players is interesting. It would be cool for new players to have a more enjoyable experience when they’re just starting out.

I see what Oblivion is saying about level not always being an indicator of skill, though. Maybe we could find a balance where the matchmaking system considers both level and performance in recent matches? That way, it could be more accurate in matching players with similar skill levels.

He didn’t say it was lbmm

Ranking based on “categories” is level-based. No matter what system you created it would still be lbmm in some way :joy:

What?? Sbmm is related to skill, not level

1 Like

Skill level. In all cases there is some number that goes up, behaving like a level. That level just isn’t currently visible.

2 Likes

But oblivion was talking about in agem level??

Yes I did mean in game level since it doesn’t always indicate if someone is good or not.

Lets just get back to the topic please