Add option to opt out of being Death

If it’s the first trap within that second, why don’t people use their leap? Have they already used it in the previous checkpoint? Or are you referring to the beginning of the entire map?

1 Like

I got 60 kills once!

1 Like

By section, I meant checkpoint, and most people don’t try to use their leap right after going through each portal.
And I was referring to this trap:

1 Like

@BoricAxe60254 if you were to leave the game every time you become the death you know that ruined the game for other people because I there supposed to be 2 death to try to set off traps it’s part of the game it’s not just called running away from nothing

1 Like

I know, which is why if you have the option to opt out of being Death, someone who actually wants to be a Death can get the role.

1 Like

That’s not the point of game though it to play the role you are assigned

1 Like

If people had the option to opt out of being a death, what would happen if everyone did that. The game would have to choose a death either way, so I don’t think this would be the best option.

4 Likes

Being a death would be fine for me since you get more XP from being a death, And I also like the idea of having a % chance of being the death that you can see and build up from not being a death as @BoricAxe60254 said, But as far as opting out from a death is well would kinda be unfair for some in my opinion.
Also, They would have to add more levels to make being a death more worth it for me since I prefer being a runner.

1 Like

@Neutronic and @BlueSlimeMC, yes, if everyone chose to opt out, the game would have to choose someone at random, although this seems fairly unlikely considering many people seem to want to play as Death. @OfficialTT5, yes, it’s more XP if you get enough kills. However, as you said, they would need to add more levels to be worthwhile since many people have already reached the level cap.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with the idea, there could in a rare case be 20 people who have death turned off so no one could set off traps

please don’t bump on old topics

1 Like

Oh now you’re one of them

1 Like

and u, nooooooooobie

@BlazeDrake ^^

(and big bump)

BUNP

this needs more votes smh

2 Likes

There are always gonna be people that love or hate being Death, and if leaving the game ruins it for others, doesnt really effect them as a player, like do u really wanna sit there and do something you dislike, 9/10 people will quit if they dont wanna do it, its just part of being a human child (in most cases) lol
I always get bored of being death, like thats not the reason I play the game.
there needs to be some sort of way that death is simmed or filled in, if someone leaves, bc having one death completely changes the dynamics of the game.

1 Like

Another fresh bumperoni because personally I don’t see any downsides to allowing an “opt out” option and I absolutely hate being Death. :skull:

Firstly, I think it’s pretty unlikely you’d get a game where everyone opts out, especially as some people do like being Death. Even if that did happen, it would be as simple as “all players have opted out; we are randomly selecting Deaths”.

Or, simply make it so that when you click “opt out”, it just decreases your chance of being Death. So the chance is still there but much lower for you than players who haven’t opted out. In the event that everyone has opted out, this would mean you have an equal chance each.

This post needs more votes. Honestly, being Death so often ruins DR quests for me, as much as I love running :sob:

3 Likes

I’m going to bunp this. It usually requeue when I get death, making it so a game has less deaths than the hive intends there to be.

1 Like

I always use /q DR every time I’m a death because it is really boring and I just want to play runner

2 Likes