A Way of Cheating That Should be Stopped

I know this isn’t exactly a suggestion, but it isn’t a bug either. It is a cheat a player can do without hacking.

Idea: In Treasure Wars, (and this could apply to SkyWars, and SkyWars: Kits too) there is an ability for players to break into the edge of a map island by:

1. Standing on top of the far edge block
  2. Breaking down so they fall into it
  3. Crouching to the far edge of the island
  4. Breaking the block underneath them so they fall in
  5. Moving inside of the now two blocks covering them so no one can kill them.
    (Note when I say breaking, I mean what happens when you break a map block, and it instantly replaces itself)

The cheater could also break even farther down, if the map has that many blocks on the edge, and make it virtually impossible for other players to kill them unless they know the same cheating tactic.

[I don’t know exactly how The Hive staff would like to fix this problem, but one possibility could be to damage players who enter the actual blocks of the map, not player placed ones.]

More information: The reason I know this is because I discovered it myself, and figured I better report it here before others who love to hide discover it too. Treasure Wars is a personal favorite of mine, and The Hive is truly enjoyable. I’m reporting this to improve the gameplay so we don’t have to wait 20 minutes or give up while someone hides in the map.

This issue is largely ping-based, as the higher the ping you have the easier it is to glitch into blocks. I don’t think there is anything Hive can do to fix this, but you can report them for prolonging game. :smile:

2 Likes

bump

Hello! :wave:

Welcome to the forums! :mailbot:

This is due to the player having higher ping than normal, and there is nothing the Hive can do to fix this. There are, however, ways to make sure the people doing this are stopped. You can report the player being in the blocks by either typing /recentreplays in chat, clicking the game you are/were in, and finding the player who was in the blocks and reporting them for prolonging the game. You can also, when you’re dead, use the report item (blaze powder) and report them for prolonging that way.

This glitch has been known for a lot longer than since this post has been created, but it is true that it has been showing up more lately in games.

Like I said before, this is not something the Hive can do anything about, so please don’t say

or

(which is implying you’re reporting this for the Hive staff to fix)

Thank you for making this post and informing us of the issue, but it is not needed because it is already known, and the Hive can’t do anything about it.

Have a great day! :smile:

PS: This topic is also a duplicate post. Link here.

1 Like