We NEED to remove these themes

We NEED to remove these themes:

• History (Racist/Inappropriate.)
  • Skyscraper. (Inappropriate)
  • Plane (Inappropriate.)
  • Submarine (maybe? I don’t see this one as problematic as the others, but it can still cause inappropriate builds and is unnecessary. The children who play this game are mostly unaware as to what happened here.)
  • Hotdog (Inappropriate.)
  • Mushroom. (Has a similar result to hotdog.)
What can we do about it?

We should replace them with other themes, for hotdog AND mushroom they are both foods, so they can already go into the ‘food’ theme and be removed without much further explanation. Skyscraper and history don’t need a theme replacement.
Maybe for plane/submarine we could try another type of vehicle.

[These themes are just not worth it. They breed racist/inappropriate builds EVERY TIME.]
EDIT: for clarification YES they will still build these inappropriate builds. But it will minimize their frequency if it’s a theme that is COMPLETELY unrelated to anything inappropriate, like icecream. I see WAY MORE inappropriate builds on these themes over anything else.
THIS IS NOT A WAY TO REMOVE INAPPROPRIATE BUILDS ENTIRELY. IT IS A SMALL FIX TO MINIMIZE THEM TO SOME DEGREE.

If these themes are getting more inappropriate builds than others, then they should probably be removed.

It’s either Hive moderation improves in zome way or we can limit the amount of inappropriate content being produced.

@SmileyOnSpot

As to your questions, these themes link to world global terror and events of WW2 which players take advantage of and use their “inspiration” from these unfortunate events into the game. I don’t want to be too specific as I want to keep this post as family-friendly as possible.

3 Likes

Actually no matter what theme there are always people who can make inappropriate builds as long as they want to, so removing these themes wouldn’t really solve problems. Also if I want to build inappropriate builds I don’t even need to care what the theme is.
Also for theme like skyscraper, sometimes it’s maybe the builder didn’t build well and some people be like: Inappropriate builds! Still that sentence, those who with such thoughts can even see one end rod as (something you know) even when it is used properly.

2 Likes

It won’t solve the problem at the source but it will mitigate a lot of the inappropriate builds.

The thing is, these themes cause more inappropriate builds than any other themes. There is a higher chance for someone to building such builds in History than Island. If these themes didn’t show, then less of these builds would exist.

It’s not the matter of someone building a theme poorly, it’s the fact that people uses these themes to recreate tragic events from the real world. And even if other players say it’s an “inappropriate build”: it’s not. This means it doesn’t actually affect anyone.

2 Likes

can’t and won’t explain why.

1 Like

Seems like you dont play just build much.
Mushroom/hotdog = innapropriate (If you cant guess this, you shouldnt be on forums.)
Submarine. A death related incident between rich people.
History. plane incident. and the other thing of which I cannot say, also lots of other gory incidents.
Skyscraper/plane plane incident. of which i cannot describe.
ALSO, fun fact, children = they dont know how to use report button/do not care to use it and vote love on build. So let’s minimize their chances of being able to build these things.
Theres about a 1/3 chance they actually get banned for it, so report builds that dont get banned to the discord.
These themes ARE NOT neccessary, and im actually shocked that they were added. Maybe submarine doesnt need to go, but the rest are just a breeding ground for terrible things.
90% of the builds like this i see are FROM these themes.

4 Likes

Plane and Skyscraper refer to a tragic event that happened on 9/11

5 Likes

While this would definetly help Just Build, it would not stop the Inappropriate AND off-topic builds. You have my vote though!

3 Likes

As an engineering fan, i think themes like “skyscraper” are cool (because designing buildings in general is cool), but unfortunately people always build inappropriate when that’s the theme. Im not sure about removing it though, but still, voted
Edit: IzzyBuilds i just saw the build in your pfp and thats very cool :cubee:

5 Likes

I don’t believe that the players are looking especially on these themes to make innapropiate or racist builds. They can do it on ANY theme, but if you believe the opposite, then the staff should add a priority on these themes. Voted, under this occasion.

Also, @SmileyOnSpot the report button seems weak, to be honest. With my main account, I may have reported others in JB more than 30 times (if not less (thats why I put the “may”)) and I got a message about a successful report only once…

1 Like

But I said, it’s people, just like however you improve your anticheat, hackers will always try to bypass it. If it’s removed just because they have a higher chance to have inappropriate builds, some people will target at other themes. Don’t say there will be less, as I said if they want, a cake theme can even have such build

1 Like

Ive never i dont think and i repirt most games jb when they dont crash my tablet

1 Like

welp heres the barely modified version from a kid who goes to the worst school in the district
history: ever heard of world war II and some mean mustachio’d non-mumbojumbo man
skyscraper/plane: ever heard of an event in america involving a couple towers and a couple planes
submarine: well there was an incident with a deep-sea tourist sub and some rich people and the sub may or may not have imploded
hotdog/mushroom: I think you know

and unfortunately I seem to be one of like 4 players on the server who actually uses the report button so its honestly kinda useless and yet somehow hive almost never actually bans people for it /j

by no means would this stop all inappropriate builds, but it would greatly mitigate the ones that see a theme and have some horrible and inappropriate idea

3 Likes

These themes can be removed, but the category could be improved. Skyscraper can be “buiding”.
(Also I got a warning for using too many reports lol)

2 Likes

we already have house AND city, so idk if building would make sense

2 Likes

I would consider this to be over sensitive if it was not coming from the number 1 all time just build player. The majority of just build players are little kids that think building stuff like that is funny so I agree with this.

4 Likes