French

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or menu):
Multiples

Affected Text:
Tu/Ton/Tu es…(etc)

Suggested Text:
Vous/Vos/Vous avez…(etc)

Explanation of Issue:
In French, there are two ways to address people, depending on the type of relationship : “tu” and “vous” .

In a friendly or family relationship (informal), we use the “tu” (Quel âge as-tu ? Comment t’appelles-tu ? D’où viens-tu). The “tu” is used to talk to younger people or the same age and to people you know well

To address for the first time to older people, higher in the hierarchy or to people whom one does not know, in public places such as shops, services or administrations, one uses the polite plural "vous” (Quel âge avez-vous ? Comment vous appelez-vous? Qui êtes-vous?).
In the early days of a working relationship, we say “vous”, even if we are the same age.

Screenshots and/or video:

Additional:
I posted this post twice because this one is more detailed and better and since i’m unable to remove/edit the other one (currently) and to mention that my IGN have changed to “BayremExists” unlike here

1 Like

Hey there :wave:

Thank you for suggesting an improvement for our translations!

I have forwarded this suggestion to our professional translators to be verified.

Have a great day! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey there,

After discussions with our translators, we have decided to keep this text as it is.

Although your explanation is correct, it isn’t the biggest issue, and the text can be understood by players.

Have a great day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like