Use 1.19.80 text colors in Block Party

The 1.19.80 update finally came out, and along with experimental features for cherry wood and armor trims, it also added new colors to use for text. this could be very useful in Block Party, so different colored blocks don’t have the same color in their names.

List of color codes

§h: Bright Beige
§i: Steel White
§j: Netherite Gray
§m: Blood Red
§n: Bronze
§p: Darkish Gold
§q: Leaf Green
§s: Cyan
§t: Navyish Blue
§u: Lavender

JJ's Note

Why is everyone suddenly just changing their pfps?
From now on, I’m going to be putting notes like these at the end of all of my topics.

Makes sense for Hive to do this so why not

Voted :ballot_box:

4 Likes

I like this idea since brown wouldn’t have to be orange anymore. However, they would probably have to drop support for everything that isn’t 1.20, which wouldn’t be good.

5 Likes

Yeah there have been a lot of suggestions related to new vanilla Minecraft features. Vanilla Spectator Mode, for example. But Hive is still supporting 1.18 versions to cater to the small amount of players who wanted to keep using custom shaders (RenderDragon broke all shaders permanently) so they will have to drop support for older versions first. Easier said than done IMG_1350

4 Likes

As has been correctly pointed out, we’re sadly unable to use new features of Minecraft until we drop support for older versions.

We’ve stated before that we won’t be supporting older versions indefinitely, but we have not announced any plans to drop support for 1.18 versions at this time.

12 Likes

Thank you all for telling me! in that case, I’m sorry if this is too much to ask, but is there a way you can make your own color codes?

6 Likes

IMG_1352

7 Likes

Bump, hive has finally updated to 1.20 which means this is finally possible

6 Likes