Unused powerups should grant exp

at the end of a game, if you have any left over or unused power-ups at the end of the game, they should contribute towards your experience level.

when you get to the end of a game and have a couple leaps or a speed boost you didnt use, itd be pretty neat if they could contribute small amounts of exp instead of feeling like you wasted em.

it also makes it a bit more fun and slightly more challenging because, do you want to risk using that jump boost potion, or save it to get a couple bits of experience at the end?

lemme know what you guys think :slight_smile:

This would be a great idea! i would love to see this in block drop and ground wars too!

1 Like

No… just no.
Powerups are meant to make the game more unique and do so successfully.
Giving players an incentive to not use powerups will simply make the game more boring, and in some cases will lock powerup uses to people who don’t care about XP.

2 Likes

i see where you’re coming from, but the whole point is it makes it more tense with when you do and dont use em. it depends on someones playstyle, and everyones always going to be using powerups a lot anyway, people arent gonna stop using powerups completely just for less exp than they would recieve from using em and possibly winning. its just a reward for people who are more careful with their uses and save them.

oo i didnt even think of those games! forgot this idea was applicable to all gsmes with powerups, but ill keep it here anyway for now.

There are a lot of people who want to reach max level, , so sometimes they just wouldnt use these powerups.
Powerups make the game more interesting!

Now I’m not gonna lie I thought this was a block drop post, so right now powerups aren’t too varied, but a better way to make the game more unique, is to make better powerups!

1 Like

You already get XP for collecting powerups if I’m not wrong. Having powerups give xp on collection and at the end of game is a bit too much. Not many players would risk saving powerups especially at later rounds as people would vastly prefer odds of getting a win than some XP.