Unlock extra blocks at certain levels

(sorry had to delete for a second as I created the topic before I was ready haha)

This might not work with bedrock, but I was thinking about how java’s ability to buy new blocks was incredibly fun and increased the replayability of hide and seek tenfold.

I got to thinking and came up with the idea that up to 3 additional blocks are possible to unlock for each map. They don’t blend in as much as other blocks which allows for more creative solutions to hiding.

(Ice would be a terrible unlockable for Goldrush, it was just an example of the menu layout)

You could unlock, say, iron ore for Goldrush at whatever level between 10 and 15 that doesn’t have an unlockable cosmetic yet.

For Office, the beehive and quartz would be an unlockable block because they suit the environment.

The more extra blocks you unlock, the more outlandish they get, because they’re aimed at people who’re probably wanting to experiment a bit since they’ve reached level 30+

(I don’t have good ideas for outlandish blocks yet, though ice for office might be a good example because it’s a terrible hiding block but suits the snowy environment nonetheless)

3 Likes

It seems it would spice up Hide and Seek a lot and make it more interesting
This was in Java you say? I don’t see why not to add it in bedrock

2 Likes

This is a good suggestion because hide and seek is pretty boring and it would spice it up as gabo said

and some high level players could do haha funny stuff with random blocks on maps
Voted

2 Likes

this is the only reason i like this idea

if you unlocked better blocks (ex: (coarse)dirt in goldrush), i wouldnt have like this suggestion. i like the idea of having funny hiding spots or something that just is out of place. pretty funny idea. voted

3 Likes

Hiding can be easy enough with what we have, easier blocks would make it so op (not to mention the op blocks would be given to better players which would just be unbalanced). I’ve had a hard enough time finding fun but obvious hiding places, so I thought running around office as an ice block would be funny. Thanks for the feedback/vote!

2 Likes

This would be an awesome update but I will never play Hide and seek so useless to me but would be fun for other players

2 Likes