Two Murderers in Murder Mystery

To me, there should be more then one murderer if there’s a full lobby. It makes the game more intense and one of the murderers could be AFK or just not killing anyone. Like I said before, it should only happen in full lobbys. I also know people want more chances in being a murderer.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t like this idea, because part of the fun of murder mystery for me is it’s us vs the murderer, or its them vs me. I like looking for one person, or defeating a whole lobby alone. I could see this working as a separate queue, but if you have two murderers it just makes the game seem too easy for them if even one of them has some experience being murderer at all. Also, you can use the pencil :pencil2: icon to edit your post and move it to #suggestions:murder-mystery.

7 Likes

Could there be both? Like how SG has Duos and Solo, there can be options to choose if you want to play with one murderer or two murderers.

Yes they can do both, but I expect one of the two would die and nobody wants to have to see any dead game modes, and it looks better for the hive to have less game modes with all of them being popular, compared to having many game modes and half of them being dead. Due to how simple it would be to add this, they could add it for one week and if it is popular, make it like a weekends only thing. Also, please vote for your own suggestion, or it looks like you don’t even like your own suggestion.

I do agree that they could try it for some time and if many people like it they could use it as an official game. Yes, either one of them could die, but isn’t it like Just Build where the have exnteded time and normal time?

It is similar to that, but what I can see happening is that a bunch of people want to have a higher chance of being murder and a higher chance of winning as murderer, so they go to the Two murderer mode, then the normal mode starts dyeing because, lets face it, people either play Murder Mystery to be murderer or they play to get XP, and both of which are easier in the suggested mode. So then the old mode stops getting full games and queues take longer, then more people leave, and then eventually you can only play the normal mode at peak time on NA, and practically never on the other regions. And then the hive has to make a decision, do they want to revive the original mode by getting rid of the new one that people seem to like, or do they want to get rid of a dead mode? Or just keep it? I think the Hive should having one game mode lower the player count of another by a significant amount. Please explain one thing: Why do you want this added, besides having people get a higher chance of being murderer?

would be cool with double the amount of players

32 players might be too many for low end devices, and 30 percent of the player base is mobile. So I would assume that 10 percent of all players are on low end mobile devices, that’s 2k-3k concurrent players that won’t be able to enjoy a mode, I don’t think that’s a good idea.

That was just a suggestion, about it being modes. My original idea was that if it was a full lobby ( they could upgrade the max players, not double. ) then there would be a murderer. I wouldn’t suggest 2 sheriffs because a lot of players get 10 gold for a bow shot.

I don’t think that most players would like having one of the main features of the game randomly being changed, and not having an option about which version they play.

Could they try it for a week and see if people like it? Like we said about modes but… without modes.

I mean they could, but I am telling you, people either want it or they don’t, the way you are suggesting it, people are forced into playing it with one murderer or 2, they don’t get a choice.

I see this gamemode idea being used on Hypixel where its a completely seperated queue. The idea of it is to have 2 murderers in the game and double the innocents so it will be a fair match, basically it’s just double the everything.

I’m not a big Hypixel guy, so I didn’t really know they had two seperate queues.

1 Like

Dous Mode?

(20 Characters)

This is pretty much double up, which has already been suggested(Double Murder Mystery)
(please lock @Hlzyzptlk)