Treasure Wars / Ranked Gamemode

Lmao they would get banned after maybe 2 or 3 games, because us sweats take the game way too seriously. I still say hackers aren’t a big problem, except for the fact that hive doesn’t ban hackers, which is off topic. The reason I love this idea is that it adds new ways to play, more variety.

1 Like

actually I’ve seen a lvl 15 hacker before and a lvl 27 i believe team with him in a squads game. I’ve also seen a lvl 60 team with another player

well, thats because hive doesn’t necessarily ban hackers, only kick them. its weird, as well as because of that fact hackers can usually just play on one account. that would be either main account, or their side account that is their hacking account. this doesnt really matter though, because most hackers wont play ranked, and if they do they will most likely get banned in the first few games, or at least reported. plus, once hive gets in game reporting, there will be a lot of hackers that get caught and banned.

not necro, yes 4 months ago but its still viable cuz it has 49 (last time i checked) votes -_-

1 Like

But every time they would get banned they would have to get 20 Lv, Also I said there would be a lot less Hackers not 0.

Yes, plus most hackers dont care about the game whatsoever, they just want to have fun, and randoms are more fun than ranked sweaty toxic players.

1 Like

hive bans hackers if they can proe if they have a client if not they kick them and many clients nowadays make sure they dont get seen by the anticheat also even if we report them we have to have video or imge proof else it is really hard to ban them

Honestly I think ranked treasure wars would be one of the best things that would ever happen to this amazing server. I have some suggestions on how it could work.

The ranked system I think would be cool and functional is this…
Each player starts of with a ranked score or skill rating of 100.
Each time you win a game this increases by 30 points and each kill you get counts as 2 points.
Final kills would also count as 5 points. And treasure destruction could count as 10. However, deaths subtract 2 points from your score. These point values could vary but I’m just giving examples.

When you search for a game you will be matched with people with similar points to you.

Another suggestion. People who pass significant point values such as 500 or 1000 points will gain special in game items such as a treasure or kill phrase etc.

What would also be a great addition would be in game leaderboards shown in the lobbies of ranked games that show the people who have gained the most points in the last day and week as well as show overall point leaderboards.

I fell this ranked system is competitive but also casual so that toxicity is minimized.

3 Likes

The hive isn’t going to add this as of right now though, as they seem to be going for a more friendly server than a competitive one

3 Likes

I understand that they are trying to attract more people to the server but if they want to keep these players playing their server they do need (in my opinion) to introduce competitive modes. They can put measures in to stop toxicity such as banning chat. I just think it would be fun and would attract A LOT more players if there was something small on the line in every game such as a competitive score. They could possibly trial it for a few weeks to test how it goes…

ima bump this back. Only issue would he toxicity but that isn’t a problem that i’ve seen. Ranked would be fun to queue cause it actually gives you a challenge unlike normal where you sweat every couple games. Ranked would help a tone of players improve pvp and gamesense wise. Only people who don’t want ranked are people who can’t even handle mild toxicity.

Except ranked would likely increase the toxicity a lot

A little toxicity won’t hurt anyone. On every server there are toxic people. Report and move on it isn’t an issue

Except the hive is aiming to not be toxic, and if most people are toxic on competitive, it would be unreasonable to report them all

i don’t see how toxicity is going to be an issue. It’s a block game. Ranked would be fun and actually competitive

Maybe it won’t be a super big issue, but nevertheless there will definitely be people who autoclick, doubleclick, use esps/xray, and then a bunch of blantant cheaters, it wouldn’t be worth it to play unless hive added rewards, so if ranked skywars was being considered the hive would need to wait until leaderboard rewards are out.

I don’t think the cheater problem would be quite as bad as hypixel, but the mode would be dead anyway pretty quick if there wasn’t any good rewards/decent rewards, and if the rewards are too good people would just cheat to get them, kinda like hypixel ranked.

I’m not against ranked and actually would like to see it added, but I think people need to remember it wouldn’t be an easily addition for a gamemode that probably wouldn’t have great player retention.

So tl;dr, even if toxicity either was somehow addressed by the hive or just ends up not being an issue, It would still have other issues

6 Likes

I want a ranked treasure wars mode because it will be nice to play even more competitively but I think it may not be a good idea. If you look at hypixels ranked skywars theres tons of toxic players, blatant cheaters, closet cheaters. In fact some guilds are infested with cheaters and even some leaderboard players use closet cheats like @thegamingtoyyt said. If you get rewards then people will definitely cheat a lot, if there isn’t any cosmetics then the cheating won’t be as bad. I think what needs to happen is instead of getting rewards you go up on the “Ranked Treasure Wars Leaderboards” with a kill, final kill, treasure broken and wins leaderboard. These leaderboard players won’t get any rewards. Another way to stop cheaters is to make sure that you dont gain any xp in Ranked mode or have to be lvl 75 or above (in future updates) to join

4 Likes

If you put a level cap for playing, hackers would get banned before even getting to ranked, and if they didn’t cheat once they got on ranked and banned they would have to grind again

2 Likes

as much as that is true how would you deal with closet cheaters

1 Like

A ranked gamemode would just punish people who are good at the game and reward people who are bad at the game. Separating good players and bad players isn’t a good idea because putting them together will make the bad players learn from their mistakes and improve. Putting bad players with good players would allow for bad players to see how the skilled player manages to do well. Putting bad players with bad players would just be telling the bad players “You don’t need to have skill to win this game!” That in my opinion is just not the way to go. A lot of games with Ranked modes die off because it just punishes skilled players and rewards bad players. I get that no one likes to lose against a sweat. It’s not fun. However, it comes with some benefits. It allows for you to learn from your mistakes and improve in the process.

1 Like