Treasure Wars / Ranked Gamemode

Or hub titles, exclusive pets/mounts(coming up) and stuff like that.

Well what’s the incentive for TW playing?

1 Like

Fun, that’s what games were made for

1 Like

Bunp to provoke more discussion, don’t @ me

I would absolutely LOVE to see a Ranked mode, especially because I hate playing with Level -5000 scrubs who do nothing to help, hog gens and don’t rush. I need to get away from those trash players and play competitively. However, you could maybe lower the level down to 15.

4 Likes

It would increase queue times though.

Y O U H A V E S U M M O N E D T H E B U N P A N D W H A T C R I M E I S N O W C O M M I T E D F O R T H I S M A G I C A L B U N P T O H A P P E N, ok can now people make bunping outside not happen and keep it in “I’m going to Bump my own post” now?

2 Likes

Is this just for solos or everything? I’d love to play squads competitive.

1 Like

I think it is.

competitive two team squads seems like a great idea

I think this is a really good idea, especially with a level prerequisite to prevent hackers and beginners from joining. I’ve noticed several skilled players queueing until they are matchup up with a good team, so I think this is a great way to have competitive and entertaining games that offer a challenge to better players, and keeps Treasure Wars from getting boring/repetitive.

However, I don’t like the part at the end with the deathmatch. I think treasures are very important to keep as part of the game — players with worse gear can sometimes win with good strategy and sneaking in to break the opposing team’s treasure. Having a deathmatch would cause the game to be only about gear and combat skill, and would be much less about strategy and teamwork.
I think it should simply be a ranked queue to play classic treasure wars games against more seasoned players.

4 Likes

I asked a bunch of people, and about 75% of them said they would love to have a ranked mode in treasure wars. Some of them said they would prefer if it were solos only. Those who said they didn’t want ranked were mostly people who didn’t like pvp games. And said that they usually don’t even play treasure wars, and simply don’t care about the topic of ranked in any game.

I do agree that it would be stupid to have competitive “required” and the normal game just ripped away from high level players. There’s no reason for that. However, I, along with many others, would absolutely love to play competitively in treasure wars as an option.

12 Likes

I guess if it was optional, but matchmaking would be long for competitive mode

I like the idea but make it where anyone can play normal not competitive. I like playing people are are not the best at the game.

2 Likes

Also have fun with the killaura kid, honestly I would like this (yes, I have changed my opinion), but a better anticheat and making the discord more known or whatever would be crucial to this games survival

2 Likes

Yes because I don’t feel like being bhopped ka it fly on

1 Like

I think this would be a great idea. However players on the leaderboard might not like this as it will be harder to get wins. I think once you reach level 20 there should be an option to play on ranked/competitive or casual, so the leaderboard players can still grind easily. There could also be an elite mode too, where there are only level 50s. However with these modes, matchmaking would take longer as less people would join. :frowning: I also agree that the hackers would get banned if they got into ranked as the players would take TW more seriously.

Overall:
I would rate this a 9/10 as it has its ups and has only 1 or 2 cons

3 Likes

Everyone is talking about hackers and everything, how people will hack to win, but honestly? People hack already, and when people hack they are usually bad. They want to play against bad players, which means they wont want to queue ranked. Ranked adds way more competition, and lets all the sweats have a challenge. It wont affect lb players, because they will just q into regular squads, not ranked. Plus, there will be more people playing anyways since nons now actually have a chance, because most sweats will be playing ranked :confused: so I dont think we need to worry about longer q times

2 Likes

imo ranked would be fun. It would kind of be like a GvG. You would get better game sense pvp block clutching etc. Mega is really easy

I dont think Hackers would Grind 20 Lv just to get banned, Also Necro post

1 Like

but dont u think playing with higher rank increases ur skill

and if u play normal mode u will be playing with ppl who dont know how to play and will rage quit

Well yes, but actually no. Some hackers want to have fun hacking against unexperienced players. Some just want to ruin the fun of everyone, by ruining people’s rank.