Treasure Wars Ideas

Ok. I was originally going to make a really long forum post about stuff that would make treasure wars more fun for everybody. Turns out that was going to be a really long post that I didn’t feel like writing. So this one will basically just be shorter but with more of the key points. It’s still pretty lengthy tho. Of course, all of this is just my opinion, feel free to reply to this with your own and lets start an actual positive and non-toxic discussion. Nonetheless, let’s get into it.

Armor

Apparently, a lot of people actually want this. I am one of those people. Asked some people on the discord and most of them agreed.

Helmet - Leather , color of your team
Chestplate - Leather, color of your team
Leggings - Armor upgrade that you have unlocked
Boots - Armor upgrade that you have unlocked

this would simply just nerf armor in a way that if you are way better at PvP than someone else but they have way better armor, you might actually have a chance in winning the fight without you having to knock them off

If TheHive adds this though, they would probably have to make other changes to the mode as well. No matter how they do it, I hope this will eventually be implemented.

Additional idea… maybe you spawn automatically with full leather at first and a wood sword
¯ \ _ (ツ)_ / ¯

Potential New Items

This section won’t have prices of these new items but just the concept. What do you think I am?..a game designer?

TNT -

new item that would change the meta and ultimately make the game more fun. Make the price balanced… 5 diamonds sounds reasonable or maybe like 32 gold… who knows

Obsidian -

new element to treasure defending mainly to counter TNT or if you just like to play defensive. Would have to be pretty pricey… Maybe like 10 diamonds each?

Diamond Pickaxe -

If obsidian is added

Haste -

Maybe like a team upgrade you can unlock. Not sure what a reasonable price would be… it would have to be tested

Sharpness and Protection -

same as haste… idk just think it could work… it might not tho

~
~
~

Ok well i guess this is the end of this post. I had a lot of other ideas but I realized that they were dumb and probably wouldn’t get added ever. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. Any thing I missed or you don’t think is right, reply to this post. I would love to see everyones opinion. Thx for reading plz like for attention. Admins pls consider… good job on the server thus far ツ

P.S. ADD SKYWARS

3 Likes

I think TNT should be more expensive, because 32 gold is pretty cheap because TNT is very powerful and can easily break tresaure’s protection. 5 diamonds sounds reasonable for me.

3 Likes

Sharpness would be very over powered

1 Like

Yea that’s why I was pretty unsure about it and put it at the end.
If they added the armor change I feel like they would have to put protection upgrades to make sure fights don’t last half a second

1 Like

maybe something like a stack of gold would work? 5 diamonds is pretty easy to get at the beginning of games, making it easier to bomb rush people (see the pun?)

2 Likes

Ehh i feel like it should be 5 diamonds. Maybe they can add fireball that you could throw to counter the people “bomb” rushing you. Maybe make fireballs like 48 gold?

Again seeing more posts like this. The armour in my opinion is just a rip off of Hypixel or other servers. And most people just rush at the start of the game. Obsidian really wont be added because of the mobile and nitendo switch players having to old down the screen for so long (not talking about having a controller enebled) the enchants would be just to OP and so will haste.

1 Like

Idk, I always mine obsidian with picks and I’m on mobile, sometimes an iron one, it’s not that bad

I didn’t suggest this because I saw it on other servers, I suggested it because the difference in armor values between the different armor upgrades is atrocious. This change would make PvP way more fun in TW. More fair fights = a more fun/rewarding feeling. I don’t know how people rushing at the start of the game ties into this but whatever.

Holding down the screen for too long?? That’s the reason? I do agree that 15 seconds is a bit much but they can just make the diamond pickaxe in the shop like Efficiency 1 or 2 to lessen the time.

The enchants were a big if because I don’t know how they would work in this. But I don’t get how enchants are “OP” if everyone can get them. Also Haste wouldn’t be OP since it would probably cost a lot or be like a potion as it would only last for a little bit. I only added these ideas cause i thought they would add more variety to the game.

I wonder what you think. Please reply if you disagree with what I am saying.

1 Like

I feel like you want Hive to be more like Hypixel’s bedwars where all/most of the things you listed exist.

2 Likes

My criticisms of Armor and Wooden Swords: Armor gives more of an edge to the better players of the game for one I know many extremely good players and if they spawned in with armor or god forbid a wooden sword they would dominate. Spawning in with a wooden sword for me would eliminate the need for stone swords and spawning in with armor would give people who are good at hitting people off the edges a longer time to stay alive which I get is the point but that would be very annoying especially in squads or trios.

1 Like

Item Criticisms: TNT would shift the meta into rush for tnt. Destroy a good treasure defense with 1-2 tnt in 2 seconds and kill the sad gamers with wooden swords. Obsidian will drag out the game. Potion Effects pls don’t you don’t know what will happen to this cursed land if enchantments and potions walk on this soil. The end would be near for everyone. In all these would make a huge skill gap and will reward only certain play styles even more than the game already has. (You win the game by rushing)

1 Like

Maybe is could just be a chest plate then?

1 Like

Maybe don’t triple post @BeastMaster6027

But I agree with you, TNT should not be added, the blocks aren’t even that strong which will cause any defense to blow up instantly

5 Likes

Shouldn’t the better players be able to dominate. I’m not sure what your point here is. The better more skilled player should be able to win the game, not whoever camps middle the whole game.

Tell me whats more fun. Blowing up someones treasure while simultaneously having to outpvp them or sneaking into someones bases and breaking 3 layers of blocks with your pickaxe. If you picked the second option… somethings wrong with you. As for potion effects like haste, these would be end of the game upgrades. Your complaining about obsidian dragging out the game when haste would do the opposite?

I also don’t understand the downsides of a bigger skill gap. More skill gap means more room for improvement. As for only certain play styles being rewarded, new items will only allow new play styles to be introduced and hence more fun and variety. More ways to play this almost single-meta mini game

2 Likes

The blocks are too weak for TNT. Campers would still be able to get TNT easily. (Hypocrisy to my last statement, I know) The blocks would have to be stronger for something like that, especially if it were to have a lower price.

1 Like

Treasure defenses are all the casual players have to protect themselves against instant death to better players and for that to be just demolished in 1 tnt explosion would be like pulling a gun in a boxing match. Sometimes the game isn’t always fun but we the players have to deal with it and adding a fix to big treasure defenses that are slightly annoying but necessary for the younger and less experienced players of the Hive. This also makes the game more complex having to think about in late game “so this team might ender pearl to my base and destroy my thicc treasure defense I spent all game making but unlike in the update before when I had a chance to stop them from instantly killing my treasure. I just have to run and pray for mercy” Enchantments are a bunch of buffs only the best players in a match might obtain late game and some of might not even be used if they’re implemented or it will completely flip the meta in the worst way possible. Not knowing how much damage your opponent will do or take with either sharpness or protection. Which for me would make the late game unpredictable and somewhat inconsistent with what to expect in a pvp match.

This is very hard for me to read, can you maybe put commas? A big block of text is kinda confusing.

So the treaure could be broken by tnt (which isnt very affective against endstone) or I can break it with that iron pickaxe in the shop that only costs 5 diamonds. Both of which would cost the same. Both of which the casual’s treasure will be destroyed in about 2-3 seconds. The casual’s that play defensive aren’t safe either way.

If Treasure Wars is meant to be a casual game mode (which it should be), why shouldn’t we being trying to make it more fun? If the point you are really trying to make is “the really good players are too good for the casuals,” then how about we create a separate ranked game mode for all these try hards you speak of to play on. <---- Probably should have put this in the original post : /

To be honest, I agree with you now about the sharpness and protection enchants. They would cause randomness. That’s why I was pretty skeptical about putting them in. We wouldn’t be able to know what would happen.

Something that I think would be awesome is if we can see player’s health above or under their name tag. This would be useful even if the enchants aren’t in the game. I see java servers do this. But honestly it could change the way people PvP.

1 Like

create a separate game mode for them alright. Hive proceeds to make separate ranked mode. Sore losers go to the easy mode for free kills and wins. and also the supposed next big update of Minecraft will change pvp mechanics so it’s best we hold off on changing the way people pvp.