Toggleable Platform Based Matchmaking

Being able to toggle pbmm at will.

So right now the platform based match making system only happens when there are over 400 people in a lobby, and since I play on Asia this does not happen very often, and as a mobile player it can get annoying as it’s quite hard to go against pc players. My suggestion is that we have the option to turn it on even when there aren’t 400 players in a lobby, so that people who don’t mind waiting for a long time can use it all the time.

If this can not happen, then at least make it so that you can see how many people are in a certain lobby (e.g "Solo - 237 Players, Duos - 136 Players, etc.) so that when I go into a game I’ll know wether I will be against other platform players or not.

(This also applies for treasure wars)

Welcome to the forums! :partying_face:

Support, in my personality, I would like to be able to join and play with only mobile players with under 400 players in the queue because it is most of the time not on.

1 Like

while this certainly would be nice, you’ll just run into players with bluetoothed controllers/kb&m to their phones

1 Like

While people can do that, It can decrease the amount of PC and console players that are on that queue, there are less people who use controller/keyboard on a mobile device. This can mostly help with Asia and Europe.

2 Likes

im not sure if you know this or not, but actually pbmm is active quite a bit of the time?? its just the people who do wire their whatevers which you think are pc

1 Like

Well it depends which server you main on. North America, yes it is normally on, but on Asia and Europe most of the time when I ask someone what device they’re on they say either console or PC. While there will definitely be players who do that, I feel that this is a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

This will lead to dead gamemodes in those regions. The reason that if there are less than 400 players, there just wouldn’t be enough if you took out a decent sized chunk of them

But it is toggleable, if you only want to play with mobile devices then what’s what it will do. It should be disabled by default though.

2 Likes

It’s only active when there’s over 400 players in the mode, this guys asking for it to always be active if you want to be mobile only

The reason we have a player limit for PBMM is to make sure players are able to get into games regardless of the platform they play on. Having PBMM constantly active may cause you to be unable to find any games if the player count is lower than peak averages.

7 Likes

Similar suggestion here, but without the part about turning it on with less than 400 players: Mobile/Touch Screen Only Queing (Option)

Not sure if it rlly counts as a duplicate suggestion

I remember this one specifically because the creator of that topic gave me a lot of attitude for misinterpreting their suggestion (to be fair they could have explained it a bit better, and chosen a better title)

I dont agree cuz then game queues will take way longer making some players mad that you have to wait longer then usual

yoooooo quaglet fan W

Yes! I want it toggleable for a different reason however, I want to have fun shredding mobile players because the skill floor is way too high on PC

I doubt many mobile players will want to turn it off so I guess you’ll be stuck actually having to try to win.

1 Like