Toaster Pet

I have now liked every post on this topic which took eight days of using all my likes.
I was sad to see some of you start accepting the death of this topic. There is always more to discuss, even on a topic as simple as a new pet. Plus, we need to get this topic to have more replies than the “Welcome to The Hive Forums!” announcement.

13 Likes

The toast army shall rise once again :bread:

7 Likes

There is always more to discuss, if by always you mean anytime before the 100 reply mark

8 Likes

why do you keep waffling on about how many likes the post has gotten? the post only has 67 votes, with 432 replies and with everyone just like spamming.

no, you really don’t. its honestly just annoying.

before you lot joined there were threads with way more replies and likes. stop contributing to the spam.

a normal thread would really only have about 20 replies by now, and not 400 replies with 6 likes per post.

5 Likes

Bubblez is “waffling on” because he’s genuinely proud of having the most active topic in a while. And just because people like a lot of posts doesn’t mean they’re “like spamming”.

But like… no one cares? And i mean this in the most respectful way possible.
It’s not spam to enjoy replying to a topic. A lot of the posts are off topic, sure, but the whole point of the forums is to discuss and share ideas. That’s what this post and the replies are. Sharing ideas.

and if you think it’s annoying, just mute the topic.

6 Likes

There used to be an off topic section just for that, but they removed it, so that the forums are based around the server more.

You can’t just say “sure my posts are off topic” when there’s literally a rule for that…

Oh yeah, not like spamming at all

How does someone saying “true” normally get 4 likes?

4 Likes

back on topic, I think toasty should have legs and jump/dance/skip through the air with little like water droplet effects of syrup at his feet whenever he “lands” on the air each step

6 Likes

I try not to do it too often since after a while it just seems like boasting, but 2,000 is a big milestone and I thought it was worthy of a bump.

^This

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but you really should stop lol

Thank you for bringing it back on topic, but we probably shouldn’t keep adding animation ideas lol. I can’t really animate concepts for them, and we need to leave something for Hive to do themselves if this is ever to be added.

6 Likes

Is this really true; if we were to have every detail about the Toaster pet complete, the Hive wouldn’t add it?
I assume they could just give credit in the description of the pet in the marketplace. Multiple people could be given credit along with the specific things they made for the pet.
It might be kind of complicated to deal with legal stuff though.

4 Likes

In what way?

2 Likes

You really think they would do that?

At the start, this post was just a suggestion for a toaster pet, with a model and a hub title because why not.
But now, everyone has put so many “details” into it, that if it were added, everyone be say

“Why didn’t they credit bubblez”
“They used the wrong hub title”
“What about this variant”

And this probably will never be added because the whole magic carpet thing is clearly an oversight and doesn’t make sense, which is a major flaw, since pets are always flying.

Of course, its fine to discuss on a post, but you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot.

10 Likes

I know it’s been a while, but it’s nice to be back, seems like a great idea and is pretty cute lol.
Toaster in hive go brrr

7 Likes

The magic carpet thing isn’t a real part of it. I think maybe it could be a floating toaster if needed. I might make a redesigned concept with this feature in mind.

I think if they were to use the suggested variants and wanted to credit the creators, they would need to credit anyone who came up with one of the variants that was used, which is another problem.

It does kinda seem that way. They never add any pet concepts from the forums anyway, so I think it’s more important to enjoy their discussion than hope for it to actually be added. Don’t get me wrong, I would love for this to be added, but that actually happening was always a very slim chance.

5 Likes

Sadly they only ever usually add small things.

5 Likes

How long did you spend making that???

4 Likes

what would you be referring to?

WAIT WHAT IF YOU JUST TAP ON WHO IT REPLIED TO IT TAKES YOU TO THE REPLY?!?!

Thats the neat part, I didn’t.

5 Likes

Bump because I redesigned the model.

Here’s a link to the post so you don’t have to scroll. :)

4 Likes

I liked Toasty more when he didn’t have a mouth…
Also, I think the bread should stay as a square; it looks like it has Mickey Mouse ears.

4 Likes

Ok I got rid of the mouth

The bread is staying the same to be more accurate to Hive’s style, since one of Fracasadoh’s models adds the Mickey ear things.

6 Likes

oh my god it looks amazing. The ONLY thing i would change is maybe make the eyes a little bigger

5 Likes