The "Wizard's Sword"

The “Wizard’s Sword” is a wooden sword that gives a random effect to anyone it hits. It can only be gotten from the mystery chest with a 1/10 chance of dropping from it. It basically does no damage, but inflicts a random effect with every hit (The effect level is 3 for every effect)
Each effect lasts for 5 seconds and it can inflict literally any effect in Minecraft 1.19. (Including Positive ones like regeneration or absorption) This would definitely be an interesting weapon. HOWEVER!!! to make sure people don’t just spam effects, It has a 5 second cooldown. You can still hit people with it, It just won’t inflict any effect until the cooldown finishes.
The only potion effects It won’t give are hunger and saturation, since there is no way to replenish your hunger bar (except from a Golden Apple but that’s pretty rare)
What do y’all think?

I bet if this was added people would be complaining non stop how OP it is just like how the wooden fire sword once was.

2 Likes

eh ppl can complain but lets be honest. Is it really that OP if you have to go to the middle and break the chest and hope you get it?

Probably not but theres still gonna be one or some people who complain about it

Eh. They can go to the underworld

1. Hell isnt a bad word
  2. Dont say stuff like that here even if you are joking
4 Likes

:ok_hand: Got it. Thx

2 Likes

Maybe this could be a part of a kit, but i don’t know about regular skywars.

That escalated quickly…

2 Likes

As JJ said, I think it could work for a kit but it would need nerfing. (It wouldn’t really fit regular SkyWars)

Level of affects should depend on how OP of an effect it is.

There should also be chances for certain effects.

You also have to keep in mind this isn’t extremely overpowered anyway as it could give ANY effect. Imagine giving your enemy regeneration.

Thats the point. It is supposed to be a gamble (in a way). But what do you mean by it needs “nerfing” Its pretty balanced in my opinion

Ok, lets put it the way you phrase it in the post.
Your enemy gets Regen 3? Your dead.
Your enemy gets Poison 3? You don’t even have to fight.
See my point?
Its either super bad or super overpowered.

what about no positive effects, but negative effects that don’t damage you? like blindness, weakness, slowness, atl.

3 Likes

That sounds good. (Better than my solution to nerfing)

1 Like

hmmm i think there should be a risk with something with that power. Maybe all of those non damage effects, wither, and regen

That’s the problem that me and Alf were talking about. Any damaging effect like wither or poison is way to op. And as Alf mentioned, if your enemy gets Regen, then they’ll just kill you.
Let me explain how the sword can be helpful without these effects:

Blindness I, 5sec - just enough time to get away from anyone attacking you.

Weakness I, 5sec - gives you a chance to fight back.

Slowness I, 5sec - lets you catch up to anyone running away.

The sword could also have a 10sec cooldown instead of 5sec.

See how the sword can be helpful without Wither or Regen?

1 Like

ok, but i feel with its rarity that it could give wither 3 for 2 secs to deal 2 hearts and regen 3 for 2 secs for 2 hearts back. then its not that op

If it would be in a kit, it wouldn’t be rare, and if it was in normal SG, it shouldn’t be that rare. Probably about as rare as a sharp 1 diamond sword.

If it was rare as say, a nemo it would be bad because the way it says in the post having ANY effect it would be bad for how rare it is.

With what JJ has said, I think giving those effects would be good because it would give you a small upperhand, but nothing super bad or super good for you.

If you are keeping it in normal SkyWars, you ought to make it not as hard to find.

(Also you could have Naseau as an effect for 1 second, I know it sounds like very small amount of time but it is enough to mess up an opponents combo/combo your opponent)

1 Like

I’d say about as rare as a sword of embers, especially since wooden swords don’t do much damage by themselves.

I think it should be 3sec instead, Nausea takes a while to actually do anything.

1 Like

True, it does have a little delay when effected.

This fact that it it rare is the worst thing about it.

Having an op item that’s every rare is not how you balance a game. It’s the same with the Nemo, it’s not good game design

2 Likes