The Spectator update

The Spectator update

This update would add some pop and pizzaz to the basic spectator UI of the Hive, and a much needed upgraded spectator system for the games. Let’s get into it!

The UI

The UI has been pretty basic for a very long time, so now would be a great time to give it some life!

Next to a players’ name could be their avatar/skin (thank you to at @AyaanThe0nee for suggesting this!). And due to popular demand (as in 7 votes for this), next to the player’s name would be the face of their skin. Thank you to all that voted for in the poll!

The UI could also be colored. The UI would be colored the colors of the game you’re spectating, (ex. red and blue for CTF) (Thank you to @Daviditaly64 for suggesting this!)

Concept for the art (Thank you to @Martti34 for the art!)

Players

Once you die and are spectating a game, any other people that had died and were spectating the game would be shown. The spectating players could be slightly transparent so they look like ghosts (Thank you to @SuchabunYT for suggesting I request to use Pixtinct’s idea, and thank you to @Pixtinct for letting me use the idea!).

Gravestone TP

You will be able to teleport to all graves while you are spectating. Idea by @Stellar6666. Link here.

Spectator Updates for each game mode

Skywars

Skywars would have sections for every team, and when you clicked on a team, it would show you who was in said team, ex: [ Blue team ] click and then it lists all the players on the blue team. Also, (I know this is kind of like a bug report) when you teleport to someone, it teleports you a couple block above them, so if they’re in a area where there is a roof right above their head, it teleports you into the blocks, and you can’t get out unless you teleport to someone else. I personally have found this incredibly annoying, which is why I’m suggesting that along with updating the UI and the team sections, the cords you teleport to you are the exact cords of the player , not selected player’s cords plus 2.

Treasure Wars

Treasure Wars would have the same system as Skywars in which you’d click on a team and it would show you who was in that team

Murder Mystery

In MM, under the players name, it says their role. ex.

Sussybaka123
Murderer

Block Drop

No special features besides updating the UI.

Ground Wars

There would be two buttons you could click on, one being Blue, the other being green. When you click on either team, it would show the players on that team, and you would be able to teleport to each one respectively. It would also show under each players’ name if he/she was an imposter or not.

Survival Games

There would be a button for each district alive, and when you click on it it would show the players in that district and you could teleport to whoever you clicked on.

The Bridge

There would be two buttons for Red and Blue and below the name would show how many points that team scored. When you click on a button, you are able to see the players in that team and teleport to them.

Capture The Flag

There would be a button for Red and Blue, and under the name would show how many captures that team got. When you click on either button, it would show the players in the team and you’d be able to teleport to each one respectively.

Ghost Invasion

I know this update probably won’t be added before GI is gone, but I just wanted to make this section just incase. There would be a list of each players name and it would show whether they are a Ghost or a Human. When you click on a player, you teleport to them.

Just Build

There would be a button for each team, and when you click on a team, it would show the players in said team. When you click on a player, it would teleport you to that player.

Hide and Seek

There would be a button for each player and below the name it would say whether they are a hider or a seeker. When you click on a players name, you get teleported to that player (if a seeker hasn’t been released, then you can’t teleport to them).

Block Party

Block Party has needed a better spec system for some time now. So much so that others have even made their own topics just about it. I think there should be a compass like in all other games or at least a spyglass so you can see the players more easily.

Gravity

Gravity would have a button for each player and below the name it would show what level they are on. Just like always, when you click on a players button, you teleport to them.

Deathrun

DR will have a button for each player and below the name it will show whether they are a Death or a Runner.

Replay Cinema

In Replay Cinema, you could click on a team and teleport to players in that team (thank you to @SuchabunYT for suggesting this!).

Contributors

@AyaanThe0nee
@SuchabunYT
@Pixtinct
@Daviditaly64
@Martti34
@Blockbyblock98
@Stellar6666

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is an amazing idea and I would love for this to be added. Please make sure to vote not only if you think this is a good idea, but also because I spent the last 4 hours of my life making this :sweat_smile: .

Have a great day! :smile:

I mean, there is a thing called Replay Cinema, but other than that I would like this to be added.

6 Likes

What does replay cinema have to do with spectator UI? Also hi I saw you on the Hive

7 Likes

This is an amazing idea, this needs to be added and all you suggestions are in great detail!

Maybe, somehow, they could put the players’ avatars or skin next to the names as well.

7 Likes

Yeah, that is a good idea! I’ll add it to the post! Thank you for the positive feedback!

4 Likes

I love this idea so much! :heart:
I really hope that I can be added to your lists of contributors :pleading:
Anyways, I love the idea for new UI, and your spectator team modes are pretty creative. Overall this is a great post and I genuinely want this added. Great idea, best one I’ve seen all week.
I promise that I’m not just saying this to be a contributor, I actually mean this.
Can you try to get in contact with the original poster of this post? v

See if you can get the rights to list this on your post.

7 Likes

mini bump

Sure! Thank you for the suggestion to the post! I’ll add you to the contributors and see what I can do to get the poster of the topic you showed to let me use part of his idea in this post! (don’t worry, I know you didn’t just say that to be a contributor :smile: )

4 Likes

You can’t bump posts unless if it has been 72 consecutive hours (3 days).
But congrats on 10 votes!

7 Likes

I didn’t just make a new reply, I edited the reply showing where my topic was on the top topics list.

And thanks for the congrats! I’m happy too!

4 Likes

No, I mean that you bumped the post before one day even passed. v

Now let’s get back on topic. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, yeah, I just though you meant I bumped it again now.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

3 Likes

WOOO!!

No. 3 on top topics list as of Oct. 25!!

Even higher! No. 2 on top topics as of Oct. 26!

3 Likes

Okay, but I will still edit my previous posts every few days to show the standings.

Also, no offense, but you’re not mom, okay?

Have a great day! :smile:

3 Likes

Yo, Bun! It’s been about as long as you made the post I am replying to since I messaged the owner of the post you showed, and he still hasn’t got back to me. I think he’s either inactive, or he just saw it and didn’t care and not answer me. I don’t know, but it doesn’t look like he is getting back to me anytime soon.

Thank you for the suggestion and you will stay in the list of contributors.

3 Likes

There ya go, mother.

I deleted most of my updates, but I still kept the important ones.

Also please don’t punish me for not doing it immediately, mother! :sob: please!

3 Likes

alright boys it’s time for a

Bump!

3 Likes

I have an idea. You didn’t include Replay Cinema and I have an idea for it. Basically, I like how they color-coded the gamer tags in Replay Cinema, but they should add team sections and then you can click on the one team section. Let’s say it’s blue team, and you can go to the player that you want to see.

5 Likes

Great idea! I’ll add it to the post!

3 Likes

time for another

BUMP!

sorry I do so many bumps, I just really think this is a good idea

3 Likes

The important is that you bump post for a reason and that you bump a post not every day but wait at least 3 days. :+1: for more just see the rules

4 Likes