The Process of a Destroyed Bed (And How to Bring it Back)

When destroying a bed in Bedwars, I think it would be cool for Hive to add its own twist to it.

• When your bed gets destroyed (Oh no!), a neat animation will happen, which will cause the bed to clutter into different pieces on the ground and explode after a few seconds.

• A few parts from the bed will still be lying on the ground, and you can bring it back to life(?), and here’s how:

1. You must gain a certain amount of emeralds to bring the bed back.

2. You must gain those emeralds in a certain amount of time before your bed is truly gone.

You can make a couple of trips back and forth, your progress will say how many emeralds you need, and how much time you have to get them.

Concept:

This message will be floating above your poor, broken bed. :sleeping_bed: :hammer:

An additional tick, tick sound effect would be nice to notify the player. (It would also be funny to scare them)

Other ideas:

If you don’t get the emeralds in time, your bed will explode (for real this time). :boombox:

Inspiration

AnAbsurdName mentioned something like this in my post about a bed variant called the Ruined Bed. v

Thanks for the inspiration AnAbsurdName!

I’m open for any extra suggestions. :speech_balloon:

It’s good but too overpowered. I think 1:30 - 2 minutes will be enough. Or “fixed” beds will not respawn you infinitely, like 10 times or more

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! It’s been added to the post.

4 Likes

So if you “rescue” your bed you can respawn again right? This could be a great addition but it should be only-use.

4 Likes

I don’t think rebuilding your bed is a good idea…
I’d prefer it to be as always, the second your bed is broken, there’s no redos.

but I do like that cool splitting animation idea

5 Likes

what if you die in the process of trying to bring your bed back to life?

2 Likes

Game over, i think it’s balanced that way

being able to respawn while your bed is broked is way too op

4 Likes

@JJ81611 , if it is only use an timed could be ok in my opinion.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re correct. This will only have one use.

Then you are eliminated. :x:

1. There will be a certain amount of lives you have to respawn.

2. It’s not when your bed is broken, it’s when you fix it. :hammer:

I don’t think this is too overpowered since I added a time limit to get emeralds, and that you only have a certain amount of lives. Plus, a gremlin could just break my bed again. :sleeping_bed: :hammer:

4 Likes

How do you make so many good ideas? Anyway I love this and I voted (although with a heavy heart because I am going to miss Treasure Wars)

5 Likes

Thanks for voting!
If you have any ideas, consider leaving a comment! :speech_balloon:

5 Likes

Maybe this could be added as a separate mode?

3 Likes

I think this would be pretty great! It would add a Hivey-twist to Bedwars, and it would help in their goal of making Bedwars more casual and slow-paced.

I think if you really wanted to nerf it you could make it a team upgrade for 32 diamonds (basically you have to have a team upgrade to be able to get the ruined bed feature) but I think that may be unecessary.

I also think it would fit fine into normal Bedwars, another gamemode is probably not needed.

3 Likes

This is too overpowered. Someone with a lot of emeralds in their team chest could infinitely fix their bed over and over again.

3 Likes

its been stated multiple times that its single use

2 Likes

oh idk that

Buuumping this post!

4 Likes

This seems cool(voted)! Here is a suggestion though.
Maybe you have to gain the certain amount of emeralds from the generators, so that you cannot just grab some emeralds from a chest.

3 Likes

I don’t really agree with this suggestion. It’s really unnecessary and actually gives the extra annoying players to be more annoying.

By the time you have a 13 emeralds, you’re probably already in the late-mid/late game and the timer for all bed destruction will probably be happening soon.

5 Likes

I think it matches more as an addition to custom servers. I vote, under this case.

3 Likes