The Hive server have really dissapointed me for the whole year (2021)

I really enjoyed The Hive in the past and I really want to still enjoy it, but anytime i have logged, a new problem happens and it gets me more dissapointed I don’t want to play anymore… I drop a few months and after coming back, the same feeling again.

There are my reasons that made me leave for a while:

1. Dropped support for Persona Skins: I love these and I use them everywhere else, they are really fun and people on The Hive were really creative and distinguished, specially in 2021, they are getting crazier and it’s a shame there is no way to use them even on PC & Mobile only sessions. I have seen Switch’s lag was the explanation of their removal. But to be fair**, playing on Switch on the Hive right now is a terrible experience**, if you play 100 times, 99 times you will get the Steve glitch, so I’m not even sure the Personas would make it worse than it already is.

2. Pink glitch: I know this is somehow a bug caused from changes from the render system of Minecraft, render dragon, but it’s just sad to play for less than half an hour and trigger the glitch. Specially Murder Mystery it’s the gamemode that caused it more and, while you can say it’s Mojang’s problem, I’m no longer so sure. I have played thousands of hours in vanilla Minecraft, with many addons at the same time, friends servers… And I never got to trigger it… except on The Hive. Mojang really shouldn’t be blamed on this one.

3. Sonic DLC and Sonic Event: I made a topic before hoping to get an explained answer from the devs on why the whole DLC Pack is exempted but two skins: (Please, reconsider some of the Sonic Marketplace DLC skins). This is still the case and I’m kind of grateful those two skins aren’t exempted.

I have to admit, when Sonic’s DLC released, it probably was when I have most played the server ever. I love Sonic and its characters, and loved to see how many others did also like them, it felt like a convention. So when I saw The Hive dropping support for no (still) given reason broke my heart so much I stopped playing.

What breaks my heart specially is seeing The Hive exclusives skins like Friendly Dragon that are really wide, or the newest one, Ice Guardian, which in Murder Mystery its wings literally blocks your visibility and it’s really annoying, you either toggle Third Person (which I wouldn’t recommend on Murder Mystery, specially since many walls and ceillings block it anyways) or expect the Snow Guardian user is not in front of the murderer… because you won’t see they coming. Imagine when there are multiple Snow Guardians. And seeing this and then at the Sonic skins that are so regular compared…

My suggestions are

1. Possible Re-evaluation of persona skins, as Bedrock on Switch is already bad (Mojang’s fault) I doubt they would be more harmful
  2. Reconsideration of not only the Sonic DLC skins but many others, specially those that are crossover like the Final Fantasy XV ones. There is already a ton of skins that are validated on The Hive (wether they are exclusive or not) that before were considered as breaking the 4D rules. It wouldn’t be harmful to check again exempted skins and reconsider them as they probably fit the new 4D exceptions.
  3. Right now, if you join as a persona on the Hive, only you can see yourself with that skin, would be appreciated to at least have 4D skins to work the same way, only Yellow Steve for every other player but yourself. Also a notification in chat when such a condition is meet.
    Alternative: Remove every single 4D skin (and even 2D, as you can replicate some 4D effects like no arms, no head and no legs, and all at the same time) from any user and just leave The Hive skins, just follow The Hive’s world, less dev time, probably more profit and less of people like me complaining because there would be a reason.

And lastly and hopefully, I really hope there is no other year, or worse, than 2021 for The Hive.

Would like to see comments, if you agree with anything, if I am wrong with anything or whatever you want to talk.

???

i play on switch and i havent gotten the steve glitch in months

its not a hive glitch its a minecraft glitch, the reason u see it on the hive is because of all the players, npcs, and entities

if u dont like them, dont use them

In regards to Persona skin support, we do technically still support them, they are just disabled on join, to improve performance for our players - if you switch to a Persona skin once you’ve joined the server, it should work normally.

The idea that we should jeopardise the performance and experience for a large number of players simply because some may consider their experience to be ‘already bad’ isn’t something that sits right with us - we want everyone to be able to enjoy the best experience possible!

As for the ‘pink glitch’, the issue is entirely out of our control, and is down to an issue with Minecraft’s rendering engine, RenderDragon. As much as I understand your frustrations here (it very much frustrates us too!), there is absolutely nothing that we haven’t already done to prevent it - believe me, we’ve tried!

Be sure to leave an upvote on the report on Minecraft’s official bug tracker if you’d like to see this fixed as much as we do! - https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCPE-105487

Lastly, you mentioned the skins from the Sonic DLC pack - most of the skins in the pack were originally flagged by our systems for being too big and unfair for gameplay, but, we granted an exemption for these skins for the duration of the Sonic event. The exemption for these skins was never technically removed, but the creators of the skin pack made some changes to it, which caused it to no longer be exempted (as the skins’ identifiers had changed)

We may consider adding an exemption for the updated skin pack, be sure to post a separate suggestion if this is something you’d like to see.

3 Likes