The Hive official app for smartphones

An official ads free androidOS/iOS app for The Hive, for all the latest news, teasers and trailers of upcoming updates and events, roadmap for upcoming updates, also we can view our/others games stats, leaderboards (all types). Be able to view costumes, avatars and hub tittles we owns and can be changeable within the app and it would automatically sync with server. Pictures/videos along with a little description of all the maps of every mini game (seasonal + permanent), pictures/videos of all the hubs(main+ seasonal) along with a little description. Be able to check our in-game friend list, accept/decline a friend request, who’s online/offline and what games they are playing. Ability to add and text friends on the app. Username of an account would go with their xbox gamertag just like The Hive discord server. Ability to contact support team within the app (live chat/email).

4 Likes

Wow, This is a great idea.

2 Likes

that wasnt the point, the point is everything being in one app, or a website for ur sake.

3 Likes

I don’t really see the point as there’s already ways to see the upcoming updates and costumes/avatars/hub titles etc, and description of games is pretty pointless imo. I understand your perspective though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But the way games are played is self explanatory, and an entire app is not necessary for all this information, because it can all be found in one website. And besides, you’re told how to play at the beginning of every game. (Except Survival Games)

1 Like

Also the cost for making a app is expensive and If you’re going to develop a native app, you need to be prepared to spend closer to $100,000 as opposed to $10,000. If you want to build an iPhone app for the Apple App Store and an Android app for Google Play Store, you’ll need to create two separate native apps for this. Agreeing with YourMateVoid that you can find most of this info already without doing much research.

6 Likes

wait u are?
i’ve never noticed that.

then a website would be the option, but that would still be expensive.
BUT an idea like this has most likely alr gone through hive’s staff team. and we didnt hear about anything like that being created, so i think the hive has a reason to not do that. or they are working on it. but thats doesnt mattter, what matters is that the idea has been already revealed to them.(maybe, most likely, perhaps, idk)

the suggestion is good, but i dont see it coming to light even if i voted.

1 Like

Yep

image image image image

just realised i put sw twice oops

3 Likes

Wow! This is honestly a great idea. I think the Hive should take this into consideration.

1 Like

Not sure how the Android side of things work, but it’s pretty hard to successfully publish an app on the App Store, you need a lot of things and you need to follow the app guidelines and there’s a developer program thing that you have to get into as well I believe…

2 Likes

He has other points tho, like the friend(s) list. That would be cool

If you use something like Flutter you only need to code one, but I agree that making an app probably isn’t a good use of Hive’s resources

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be worth going through the effort of making an app though.

2 Likes

BUMP this is a great idea

1 Like

:neutral_face:

This did not need to be bumped

1 Like

This is pretty good idea. Actually

1 Like