[Swarms] Allow Players To Set A Number Of Lives For Runners In Swarm Games

The purpose of this suggestion is to create more of a challenge in Deathrun for the runners through adding lives in swarm games

Note: this was suggested by @Stick and I have made it with his permission. Thanks Stick!

As we all know, Swarms are coming to The Hive, and with them, swarm games that have customizable rulesets. These open up new possibilities to make Deathrun more challenging for it’s runners. Currently, it’s very easy to reach the end, as you have an infinite number of lives, and the cooldown for traps is very long, so there’s little risk if you just want to reach the end. However, what if there was a risk to every move you make, being able to make or break a game? That’s were lives would come in handy.

How It Works
In the rule settings for Deathrun, there will be an option labeled Runner Lives. Upon selection, you will shown a textbox where you can select from 1-20 lives. There will also be 3 other options:

• No Limit - Removes the life limit
  • Confirm - Confirms your selection in the textbox
  • Back - Takes you back to the settings

In game, rather than showing the number of deaths you have, it will show you the number of lives remaining. Once you run out of lives, you will be eliminated and will be put into spectator mode. To clarify, life 1 is your LAST LIFE, there is no “life 0”.

If you like the suggestion, be sure to upvote it. If you don’t, tell me why so I can improve it. I hope that this can add a lot of new challenge to being a runner in Deathrun and make the game much more interesting.

This would be much more challlenging.
The first time I knew DR was on Hive Java server and at that time it do have lives limits.
But I was wondering if you can add 1-2 lives when you pass the checkpoint, and the initial lives was 2. (because on Java it is like this) :>

5 Likes
Unfortunately Hive seems to have thrown Swarms into a dumpster from the top of a twenty-seven story building, so it is unlikely that we will ever see this added. ;-; I do like the idea though.

Does the post above count as necroposting? As far as I can tell it does add to the conversation in a meaningful way (albeit three years later), so it should be fine, right?

3 Likes

Its half necroposting but this topic is irrelevant now since swarms was scrapped.

1 Like

Why was swarms (whatever that is) scrapped though? was it too hard to make and overwhelming the devs?

1 Like

Yea according to the devs, the swarms development process was too hard for them to implement so they ditched it altogether.

Also swarms was supposed to be a clan/guild system just so you know

5 Likes

I really want swarms though, it was such an amazing idea

2 Likes

agreed. VOTED

1 Like