[Swarms] Allow Players To Change The Weapons Specific Roles Get In Murder Mystery

The purpose of this suggestion is to give players more freedom in weapon choice for specific roles when creating custom rulesets for swarm games

As we know, swarms are coming to the Hive soon, and with it, private swarm games. Players can create custom rulesets for these games, and I think that they bring out opportunity for a lot of new gamemodes. In Murder Mystery, there are different roles that get different weapons, and I think that there is potential in being able to change the weapons those roles can have.

How It Works
In the settings page for Murder Mystery swarm games, there will be an option labeled Weapons. Upon selecting it, you will have four options:

• Innocents - Change the weapon selection for innocents
  • Sheriff - Change the weapon selection for the sheriff
  • Murderer - Change the weapon selection for the murderer
  • Back - Takes you back to the main page

Changing Weapons
Upon selecting one of the classes, you are taken to a page with the weapons available to that role by default. So, for example, innocents would have a one-shot zapper at 10 coins. The options on that page are:

• [Clicking a selected weapon] - Allows you to edit which weapon it is, and what number of coins you receive it at
  • Add New Weapon - Allows you to add a new weapon to a class

Adding Weapons
When adding a weapon, you will first pick the weapon:

• One Shot Zapper
  • Sherriff Zapper
  • Knife
  • Throwable
  • One Shot Throwable (a new one, represented by an end crystal)

Then, you will pick the coin requirement. The only limitation is that it must be below 50 coins.

Other Limitations

• Each role has a maximum of 5 weapons slots

• The Sherriff and Murderer must have a weapon that is either a Sherriff Zapper, Knife, Or Throwable. The Murderer must have it at 0 coins.

• A One Shot Zapper can be received multiple times, but cannot be received after getting a Sheriff Zapper. The same relationship applies to the Throwable and One Shot Throwable

Ideas
Share yours too!

Innocent Buff @SlimeGuy6675
Innocents get a bow every 10 coins

Reverse Roles @SlimeGuy6675
The Murderer gets a Sherriff Zapper, The Sherriff Gets a knife and throwable, and innocents get a One Shot Throwable at 10 coins.

If you liked this post, be sure to upvote it. If you didn’t, tell me why so I can improve the suggestion. I hope this can let players have fun with weapon combinations in Murder Mystery.

I feel like you should be able to remove the base weapons from murderer or sherrif if this is added, it is a custom game after all & would make for some interesting challenges

4 Likes

That’s a good point, but I think I’ll just remove the coin limitation on the Sheriff. The murderer can’t win with only 5 consumable weapons, and I’m looking into another suggestion where you can remove the sheriff entirely.