Hi there everyone! Let me start by introducing myself (as this is my first forum post here). I’ve played Minecraft for many years, and have always been aware of The Hive but never really checked it out. However, I recently found my way to the Survival Games on the Bedrock edition and I must say I’m impressed. Few versions of SG nowadays have a strong player-base without relying on over-powered kits or other wacko stuff. Well done!
That said, I do have a few quick recommendations, so here we gooooooo…
#1.) Increase in Chest Item Variation.
- Lessen the frequency of chain gear just a bit. Full chain isn’t that difficult to get…its not all that uncommon to get 3/4 of a full chain set from just one (tier 1?) chest.
- Include gold armor! There is a whole armor level in between leather and chain that you are neglecting! This would work in tandem with rarer chain armor to create a little more armor variation in the first half of the game.
- Cobwebs and snowballs are great! I love that you are encouraging creativity in player’s PvP styles, but push it further. Some suggestions of mine are TNT blocks that auto-ignite when placed, wolf spawn eggs that spawn a dog that fights for you, and ender-pearls.
#2.) Make the Tier 2 (Silver) Chests Actually Worth It.
- My understanding of the Tier 2 chest is that it pretty much is the same as a Tier 1, but with a slight chance that the gear might be diamond. Make the chest undoubtedly better. (would be easier if chain armor was made rarer and more items were added…refer to point #1).
#3.) In-Lobby Leaderboards
- In my experience, nothing motivates you to play more than to look at the leaders and see how far you have to go. Add a holographic leaderboard to the game lobby that advertises the top 10 or so players based on wins.
#4.) Ability to Change one’s XP Level to Something Else
- Basically just give players the option to change the XP level indicator next to their name-tag by cycling through 4 states…XP Level, Kills, Wins, or None (BONUS: players can set this to help avoid targeting…I would know because I target players that I see with high XP levels lol)
EDIT: @anon7895885 made a good point about the tags. To avoid confusion, they should specify what player stat they are showing, such as…
- [Level: 30] Nyr1n (standard XP level)
- [Kills: 500] Nyr1n
- [Wins: 50] Nyr1n
- Nyr1n (None)
That’s all I got right now. Let me know what you think!