Survival Games LTM: Rush Hour

The idea of the new SG LTM rush hour is to create a more fast paced version of survival games than normal by decreasing the timer to 3 minutes and making rare items more common

The most basic part of Rush Hour is that the timer is set to 3 minutes to force players to hurry as they try to get the best gear they can before the deathmatch.

This does bring up some issues, namely that it just creates a deathmatch consisting of lower level items with the person who got really lucky winning, which isn’t fun. To circumvent this, the following statistics were added/changed to make rare items more common:

• all Tier 1 chests have a 10% chance of becoming tier 2
  • There are now 5 cache cows instead of 3
  • Supply Drops will now be delivered at 30 seconds (end of grace period), 1 minute 30 seconds in, and 2 minutes 10 seconds in
  • All players get a player compass at the start of the game (recommended by @Ryan )

About deathmatch, the timer is the same, and if there are more than 4 players remaining and the Hive doesn’t have a failsafe for this already, the players will be sorted in a circle around the arena similar to the start of the game

What does this add to the Hive that makes it uniqe? It does the following:

• Add a quick PvP gamemode that has a similar lengh as deathrun, Hide and Seek, or Murder Mystery
  • Creates a new playstyle and strategies that aren’t as effective as in a normal game of SG
  • Uses already established tools in a new way; and
  • can be used to draw out more players by reactivating it at low player counts

So, Yay Or Nay?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If there is anything you don’t like, please leave some constructive criticism so I can improve the suggestion. Thank you in advance

I like the idea, this variation of SG actually sounds pretty interesting! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you! I f there’s anything that seems too powerful please tell me. :grin: have a good day!

Great idea, also everyone should get compasses that point to the nearest player at the start of the game

Thank you for the suggestion! That should decrease players in the death match. I’ll add this to the suggestion

BUNP

Just passed by this after I made my suggestion for a new LTM lol

This is a great idea! I really hope Hive does something like this in the future!

2 Likes