Maybe the word “kill” is something we see daily routine on servers ; however, it’s still a word quite brutal and negative for multiplayer, moreover to go along with the words “friendship” and “together”, in my opinion. Plus the targets of the minigames are quite not the same, because of the nature of the minigames themselves. My suggestion would be simply to change this, that would allow refreshing and relax the atmosphere, moreover for action and suspensful minigames, according to the targetted audience and style of gameplay for each minigame.
- For Hide & Seek, instead of “Player A kills Player B”, maybe “Player A found Player B”
- For Death Run, instead of “You died !”, maybe “You got hit !”
- For Snow Wars, instead of “Player A killed Player B”, maybe “Player A hit Player B”
- For Murder Mystery, instead of “You died…”, maybe “Oops…” or “Bad luck…” (for the innocents) or “You got caught !” (for the assassin, that could be “hunter”) ;
- For Treasure Wars, instead of “You killed Player A” and “Killed by Player B”, maybe “You defeated Player A” and “Defeated by Player B” ;
- For Survival, not much we could change due to the theme, moreover with the personalisation of the verb offered to the players. But this could avoid all kill theme, like “demolished” or “annihilated” could be avoided. Words like “Ctrl-Alt-Del” and “back to hub” are more soft and still original.
I insert a poll in case of
- The word “kill” should change.
- The word “kill” should change… or not, idk really.
- The word “kill” should stay.