Stunning the murderer

Just like in the game granny (if anyone even remembers that game) innocents should be able to find and place traps around the maps and use them against the murderer. the innocents or sheriffs cant trigger or die by the traps If anyone has feedback then plz let me know :blush:

But what if the sheriff is afk? Without innocents being able to kill the murderer then the murderer would always win.

1 Like

well it takes the innocents 3 shots to kill the murderer and tbh that would make it easier sort of like a boss in most games

Very interesting.

I honestly can’t tell if this would be a good idea or not, maybe it being an ltm would work out well

4 Likes

Innocents can only get one arrow on most maps… Two on pigment and maybe one of the new ones idk I haven’t played them yet.

or maybe even a better idea instead of stunning the murder you can find traps around the map to kill the murderer e.g a bear trap or falling spikes

1 Like

no, mm is fine as is and this would overcomplicate things.

2 Likes

I get where you’re coming from and it’s not bad but I think that this idea has a lot of flaws. I do think more stuff should be added to Murder Mystery but maybe this would make things more complicated.

2 Likes

I think they meant it as a joint-effort

1 Like

I like this idea. We’ve seen the game mode expand upon what you can purchase with coins so why not have an NPC where you could purchase a trap? This can be effective when running away from the murderer especially in the later stages of the game as you will always be outrin due to them throwing their sword. This would give innocents more of a chance towards the end!

4 Likes

if an innocent misses their bow shot and sheriff isn’t dead they can just hide or camp an area or run away from the murderer. Since games already often go to time, I can’t see how this would do anything other than slow the game down and make people mad. As a mobile player i generally have no problem running the clock down to zero and I can’t imagine what people would do with traps.

Anything other than a bow that makes chasing an innocent a higher risk than reward (a trap where u can get shot by a random bc it slows u down, for example) is very much a bad idea.

2 Likes

Please don’t change the post to a different idea, you can edit the idea but not completely change it. It confuses the replies and makes it harder to tell what votes came from what idea.

Innocents arrows that stun and need three shots to kill the murder is way different from being able to place traps that instantly kill the murder. If the traps stunned the murder instead of killing them then it would be close enough to the same original idea.

1 Like

sorry all :heart_eyes:

thx helper

1 Like

In my opinion the gamemode is fair and the murder winning is already very hard and would just make the game more inbalanced.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a good idea, it would be too OP and most people won’t like being murder anymore.

2 Likes

It’s a good concept but I feel that the murder role is hard enough, if the murder was the one placing the traps and it could give Information to the murder to what traps are triggered with the glow effect or it could give the civilians/sheriff slowness when triggered. It could be unique to different maps since the civilians/sheriff have unique items like the extra arrow.

4 Likes

sry ever1 for the stupid idea i knew it would be a mistake :sob:

Don’t beat yourself up. There are no bad ideas on the forums, just ideas that people either agree or disagree with. Other people’s opinions shouldn’t dictate whether or not an idea is bad.

2 Likes

thx for lifting up my spirits

2 Likes