Start the game at four players

In The Bridge, the game starts at two players, not four.
This doesn’t really make sense because… this is bridge duos not solos.

If the game were to wait for four players rather than two (an easy change) then the game would be much more balanced and enjoyable and even if one of the players disconnected at least there was an attempt.

Other ways of fixing this ‘issue’ are just too complicated.
Trying to replace a teammate is nearly impossible and would either be to overpowered or not help at all.

This fix however, does the job in one update.

Completely true but you need to give the Hive time to fix the temporary ban stuff. The issues they have with it or at least what I’ve heard is if you get disconnected it would ban you. That seems like an easy fix but I could be wrong, the fix would be to detect if they used /q or /hub. If they use one of those things it could temporary ban them. It is very annoying that it doesn’t wait for 4 players, one less player makes a HUGE difference.

no

sometimes they could get dc or have to go to do other things. plus, they shouldn’t get banned but your team could get a bonus like a power up to help with the shortage of teammates

but splodg3r said this abt ppl leaving in the middle of a match

credit @Rechenheft for the image

4 Likes

The game wont start until four players have gathered, but it is advisable to have the game start as soon as four players have gathered.
Doing so will greatly reduce the number of players leaving the waiting area, as the game will begin immediately without knowing their opponents. :smiley:

maybe

1 Like

i’m hoping something in this post was just a typo or error

1 Like

idc if last visit was four days ago bump because this needs fixing

3 Likes

Oh yes yes yes yes please hive add this
I’m tired of getting 2v1ed

2 Likes

bump
please hive just say something about this if you cant do it without changing the game start script then juat tell us

Voted
but why do you queue bridge duos with no party

I’ll vote for this but tbh just play solos if queuing without a teammate once in a while is so horribly horrific

No, I think they just have a variable called ‘minimumPlayers’ or something and they have it set to two and they just need to change it to four

bump
i don’t play bridge anymore but this is still stupid

Bump because this is so frustrating, the game isn’t fun if you’re against one guy in duos

2 Likes

bump because they added level 40

I hope they never do, that game takes forever to level up.
Anyways who flagged my boy, Fizzboy98? That wasn’t nice.

3 Likes

who flagged this cmon. that’s dumb

also i still stand by what i said earlier in the topic

So you want players to be compensated with sone sort of powerup?
I just think the easiest and most balanced option is to just start the game at four players. Messing with compensation would be difficult because it’s really not possible to imitate a teammate.
Also, I removed the temp ban thing so the main suggestion is clear.

1 Like

i like the power up idea

In the nicest way possible, did you read my reply?
I said that adding a powerup or any compensation will temporarily either not fix the issue or be op. It’s near impossible for them to replicate a teammate.
Making the game start at 4 players however is 1. an easy fix 2. no balancing required and 3. it just makes sense. bridge duos

He answered this. Doesn’t matter if you gave reasons for why its a bad idea or not, they just gave their opinion. May have had no reasons for liking it, but still doesn’t matter.
Also don’t be aggressive about your reasoning. People tend to continue disagreeing and or doing stuff if they will get a reaction that they find amusing.

2 Likes