Sound fully cutting out

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or global):
What was affected - please include the region, and the name of the map if applicable

What is the bug?
A detailed description/explanation of the bug

Device(s) & Version
What platform do you play on (Win10, Xbox, Switch, iOS, Android or PS4) and what version of Minecraft are you using?

Screenshots and/or video:
Screenshots or videos of the bug, if it applies

Affected areas - all areas

Bug- loss of all sound I have to restart the server and my sound is instantly fine.

Device -ps5 version 2.68

I can’t get a screenshot or video because it’s just sound cutting out and then fully out it’s only been a problem on this server it’s fine everywhere else.

1 Like

Hey there :wave:

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. If you are experiencing sound issues on Hive specifically, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Minecraft Sound Settings: Make sure the in-game sound settings are correctly configured.

2. Check Your Computer’s Sound Settings: Verify that your computer’s sound settings are correct.

3. Restart Your Computer: If restarting Minecraft doesn’t help, try restarting your computer to refresh system settings.

4. Check Resource Pack and Mods: Since our server uses resource packs for our sounds, make sure that they were installed accordingly upon logging in, typically once they are installed they do not need a reinstall until an update is made.

5. Update Minecraft: Make sure you are using the latest version of Minecraft. Outdated versions may have compatibility issues with certain servers.

In the meantime, we’d like to ask if anyone else is experiencing this issue

6 Likes

I’m still currently having this issue All my stuff’s up today I’m planning on a PS5 and I personally know a couple of other people that’s been having the same issue on the PlayStation 5. It always happens right after the countdown when it tells you if you’re innocent the murder or the sheriff. Also I should add that it’s mainly murder mystery where I lose the sound :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey! I would like to add that i have suffered from delayed/ sound fully cutting off.

This is noticable in Bridge when counting the timet os counting down from 3… 2… 1… insert the custom noise

However, it doesn’t start the sound or can be delayed yet vanilla sounds are played as normal. It’s very inconsistent.

This affects all games though.

What I noticed is when I suffered with a low connection to the server (possibily high ping).

I play the EU region :smile:

In actuality, i dont think this is possible to fix as its dependent on the client and not the server :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

I have experienced this aswell!

3 Likes

I’ve experienced this too.
I don’t have any packs on, I play on windows10, and always stay on the most recent version on Minecraft. I’ve noticed it when playing tw and randomly sounds will quit happening, like hitting, taking damage, and treasure breaking.

3 Likes

Wait what?! I thought this was an issue with the lag because I am on a mobile device, Sometimes the sound is even delayed!!

3 Likes

I also need to add sometimes when playing murder mystery and the sounds not working my notifications tell me when I’m innocent murder or sheriff is delayed almost 2 minutes into the game The other night I was playing and I didn’t know I was a murder until there was 2 minutes left. Also another thing I need to add is the XP boosters are not working properly me and my friend turn one on last night and we didn’t get any XP like we usually do until the last 10 to 15 minutes of the booster.

Any updates ? Cause it’s becoming more frequent and ruining the gameplay…

1 Like

this also can happen during pvp, some of ur hit sounds just cut out. I heard it was a mojang issue and not a hive issue, though, as it started happening when they fixed the sound vs camera position glitch thing.

1 Like

Oddly mines only been doing it on the hive :sob:

1 Like

Videos would be extremely helpful if anyone has any!

5 Likes

Here a link to my sound cutting out of you need more I’ll get more… https://twitter.com/kconaway2016/status/1700562033165389998?s=20

4 Likes

This happened to me today…

2 Likes

Thank you for providing this video, if you could get any more they’d be equally as helpful :smiley:

5 Likes

Been experiencing this as well, and do believe there’s a high possibility that it’s an issue on Mojang’s end rather than the Hive’s. It started after 1.20.0, and has been most noticeable for me on Murder Mystery. Often times, I’ll pick up a coin and the sound won’t play, the game over sound sometimes doesn’t play, and when I shoot the murder the sound sometimes doesn’t play. The issue isn’t insanely consistent but is definitely noticeable over several matches

Here’s a clip of it occurring for me when I shot the murder: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Would also like to note that the issue is prevalent across all games with specific sounds, not just Murder Mystery.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed this when mining ores in skywars. Sometimes the lapiz and redstone don’t make the custom sounds but still play the breaking sound. This makes me thing that I have a spellbook, when in reality I have nothing. I just thought my headphones were going bad lol

I play on Win11 in case that’s needed.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been experiencing this glitch in multiple games, Sky Wars in particular (since that’s the one I play the most). There must be a bug in the HIVE’s resource packs.

3 Likes

The original poster stated in the comments that the issue is only occurring on the Hive, and I can confirm the case to be the same for me as well. This suggests that it may not actually be an issue on Mojang’s end, but rather an issue in the Hive’s resource packs, as another commenter stated.

3 Likes

Bump. •-• been having this issue, Cutting out ctf bow pings and scoring sounds etc (windows)

2 Likes