Some CTF Suggestions/Changes

Here’s a few changes or additions I think could spice CTF up and also make use of existing upgrades:

1. Make Arrow Upgrade break solid concrete blocks too
    The arrow upgrade becomes 100% useless when the other team buys the block upgrade. I think the arrow upgrade should be able to break the concrete blocks but just 1 block at a time like how arrows already do without any upgrades.

2. Make Block Upgrade more resistance to TNT
    Block upgrade’s only use is to block arrows from destroying blocks, which players rarely do in game anyway. Block upgrade needs more purpose. Currently the TNT breaks all blocks in a 4 block radius sphere. I think the upgraded concrete blocks should reduce that to a 2 block radius sphere. Any existing concrete powder blocks will still have the 4 block radius effect.

3. Add a new TNT with a shorter fuse.
    The current fuse for TNT is 2 seconds once placed. Usually that’s enough time for players to run away from it and take no damage. I think just to spice up the game, there can be a new type of TNT that has a fuse of 1 second. The cost could be something like 125 to balance out how OP it would be. The blast radius would still be the same as normal TNT and also comply to the above Block Upgrade suggestion.

4. Absorption Upgrade should apply immediately
    When you buy the absorption upgrade I think it should apply to all team members immediately instead of waiting until after they die.

5. Reduce Fast Respawn time from 6 seconds to 4
    The Fast Respawn only reduces respawn time from 8 seconds (default) to 6 seconds. That’s a 25% decrease for 350 gold, which isn’t easy to save up. Almost nobody ever buys Fast Respawn, so make it worth it when purchased.

6. Have an AFK kicker
    If a player on anyone’s team is AFK for 2 or 3 minutes, they should be automatically kicked from the game. AFK players are just a gold farm for enemy players. Also AFK players are just hogging gold that could be dispersed to their teammates if they just leave the game instead of doing nothing.

That’s all the suggestions I have for now. Address each one individually, let me know your opinions. If any of these get accepted then I look forward to seeing them in 2025.

This is just generally good and will improve CTF. Voted!

2 Likes

For later in the game where people die a lot, 2 seconds adds up to a lot over time

Normal TnT is alr OP if anything the normal needs to go up (disclosed in other topics) so we don’t need a more OP one

Umm there should be one anyway if there isn’t for you report it to Server Bug Reports

Yh all of these are fair

EDIT: OMG that took so long

2 Likes

A feature not existing isn’t exactly a bug. :sweat_smile:

As for the topic, I think all of these ideas are reasonable.

1 Like

No I meant that there is an afk system so if it isn’t and that’s why he made that in the post he should report it

1 Like

Oh. I wasn’t aware that there actually was one lol. :sweat_smile: My bad.

1 Like

It must be a long timer because I’ve seen people be afk for 5+ minutes, that’s way too much

2 Likes

no please no god no

Other than that i agree, I do think that block upgrades should help resist tnt better and that arrow upgrade should allow you to break 1 upgraded block with an arrow.

3 Likes