Skill Based Matchmaking

I have to say it. Every game I get paired up with a bunch of 75 levels and they spam their swords and kill me a minute of playing. I feel the Hive should be about having fun. Of course you win some and you lose some, but when you know your gonna lose cause a squad who had been playing for 4 hours are gonna kill me before I get a chance to say that it’s unfair. I get it. “Get good.” Kinda hard to do that when they are in every game I join. Just please think about it. I just wanna have fun man.

4 Likes

Yes, this happens a lot to me :c

3 Likes

Great idea, but use the :pencil2: button and change this to #suggestions.

2 Likes

Well maybe if you were better you wouldn’t have to “get good”

I’m all seriousness though, skill based matchmaking would take a long time to program and implement in the game. There are better things they could add before they even think about this.

Also, this is an idea suggested way too many times.

4 Likes

Doesn’t he mean like level based matchmaking?

2 Likes

I get that. Their are more important things for them to think about. And if I were better then I would. But I’m not. So I’m not gonna have a good chance of beating people who have been playing for a year. Also the fact there’re have been many suggestions for it shows this is a big thing.

2 Likes

Make sure to vote for your own suggestion!

2 Likes

Fair point, I see what you’re saying. I totally would like to see this in the server, but their is nothing wrong with the way it is now.

The fact that you are a new player and you aren’t as good as other people is still because of yourself though. It your fault that you joined recently, not that their is any wrong with new players.

Also, welcome to the forums!! Here take a splodger :splodger:

2 Likes

Also, I think I have a picture on my computer when everyone except me had lvl 50+.

1 Like

Lol ur trash jk I’m sure ur better then me

I have terrible aim, not even close lol

Since games on the hive don’t have any sort of elo system, I don’t see how this is necessary, I think this unfairly punishes people who are better at the game, while making the game significantly easier for newer users.

Basically I don’t think a game that doesn’t have any sort of elo system or something close to that should have skill-based matchmaking

I’m going to be 100 percent honest and say your suggestion would have more merit if you weren’t just salty about not being good at the game. I’m also pretty sure this has been suggested several times

I’m against it because hive doesn’t have any sort of proper elo system, and adding one would be very unnecessary

5 Likes

Actually I joined a while ago. I haven’t been playing 24/7 tho and constantly play the same game. So I’m not gonna be as good as people who do that. So I’m not gonna be able to beat those people. I play these games to have fun not get killed by a squad who do been playing for 6 hours. But yea. If I really wanted to make that commitment I would’ve been better.

1 Like

I agree. It would be unfair. But if your not having a challenge in the game is it really what pvp games are made for. I’m not saying put all the good players in one lobby, but let “newer” players have fun too. Also I’m not a new player, I just don’t play 24/7 so I won’t be as good as people who do that. It just ruins the fun challenge part about it when your not any sort of challenge to other people. Cause you know they will kick your butt. And no I’m not salty about losing to them. Good for them for being good. I just don’t wanna play a bunch so I can have a chance to beat them. I want to have a challenge, not something that you know you can’t beat.

1 Like

ima keep it a buck 50 with you and just tell you the problem isn’t good players, it’s you. its not their fault that they grinded to the point where they improved at the game. hell, sometimes just practicing duels will improve you at the game.

you dont need to play 24/7 to be good lol

4 Likes

I never said it’s the good players who ruin the game. They are good. They play a lot making them better. That’s how grinding works. I’m not saying it’s their fault for being good, I get it, I’m not as good as them. Games are meant to be challenging and fun. I get where your coming from. They deserve to be good. I can grind as much as I want, but I’m not gonna best the good players. That’s when I hit the wall.

yes you can lol. no one is born naturally good. learning strategies and how to be better at pvp is how i got better. its not even just raw skill, sometimes its just learning what strategies to use and having good gamesense

3 Likes

Completely unrelated to the topic, but did you sign up to the forums using an alternative account or something, since when I statsearch your username nothing pops up.

I somewhat see where you are coming from, but I think you are somewhat overestimating the amount of sweats, and realistically skill-based matchmaking in what is only a semi-competitive game that doesn’t have any sort of current elo system and relative to other large esports titles doesn’t have a lot of players, doesn’t make a lot of sense

1 Like

I play the game for fun not figure out strats to win. Their should be a server for people who are like that and people who just want to play it for fun. When your paired up with them the fun is gone. I get it, they are good. Good for them. I just want to play it for fun.

Oh yea lol. I signed into a different account. My other one is wazkie no capital.

1 Like