Seekers become hiders

Idea:
Add it in so that if a seeker gets killed you have a 30% chance of them joining the hiders team.
More info:
The 30% chance only occurs when there is more then one seeker.
The new hider is invisible for 10 seconds so they can hide. The new hider also gets to pick a new block.
Anyway that’s my idea! Please leave feedback as usual

It’s pretty rare that a seeker gets killed by a hider but it’d be a cool feature. Even though it could be abused to get more xp by switching teams multiple times.

2 Likes

this doesn’t make sense. Have you seen a hide and seek game where the found one can hide again?
Also the new seeker might just want to be killed so they had a chance to go back to hider and earn more xp, and the hiders can also gain xps for abuse killing seekers

4 Likes

Ok I know it would cause problems, but I love this idea xD you have my vote

2 Likes

Positives

Having this Idea implemented, as an example, could increase the fun of the Gamemode, along with other added features such as potions or boosts, yet to avoid abusing this, the Game Length would have to be set to a certain time (in this case longer than the avergae hide and seek Games) and actions wouldve to be taken in detail to avoid stat-boosting et cetera.

Negatives

New Block Picks
Giving seekers-only the option to pick “New” Blocks as you said, is an advantage compared to hiders, as they pretty much have to stick with their chosen Block from the beginning of the Game, while a killed Seeker may be able to switch their block, which again, can be abused in order to select a new block and gain more XP than the average Hide and Seek Player.

Game Dynamic
This Idea can potentially create a “loop” if no time limit is set and even with a time limit, it can easily be abused speaking of the win-statistics.
Looking at how The Hive’s Hide and Seek has been and developed over the Years and today, will break the intend of keeping the Games under the classic Image of the Server.

Overall, adding in new Features to Hide and Seek is a great idea, but this will definitely need more Context and a possible thought-through concept to be considered effectively I believe.

1 Like