SBMM was a failed experiment, so remove it

It’s time to remove sbmm on solos, or at least make it its own mode for people who want to play competitively, it doesn’t fit the causality of what the hive used to be (and can still be) but I don’t see it as any good anymore.

I like that hive had experimented with something unique, but skbmm doesn’t work mainly because 1. Not everyone who is at least semi decent at the same wants to sweat so hard, 2. it makes the games more toxic (yeah they added stuff to prevent this but it wont rlly stop it that much), 3 it doesn’t match the style of a chill gamemode like most of the other arcade games, so I’d remove it.

This also isn’t considering the issues about the queue system not getting you into games fast enough and how skbmm can be easily evaded, its part of why bridge died.

I kind of agree. But I also think about the new players, because imagine a mobile player getting queued with sweats like us all the time. Sure it’s great for us, but it will drive newer players with less skill away. No one wants to be the loser, and SBMM makes it a little more fair, as much as we don’t like that :joy:

2 Likes
  1. Its just called SBMM, there is no K
  2. I agree with hazard because this could drive any new or casual players away if they constantly get queued with sweats all of the time if SBMM was removed.
2 Likes

I wait 300 seconds and get paired with level 1s anyway, and when I was a low level I got paired with level 8s. Sbmm doesn’t work too well for me, it just makes me wait several minutes to get paired with someone who will queue dodge and leave me waiting again. I’m all for this idea.

7 Likes

Thank you for the correction.

@Bubblez705 I see what you’re saying. This is quite a gray area (or grey if you’re British).

3 Likes

its just an abbreviation, it doesnt matter that much.

i totally agree. this is a good idea, and should get recognized a lot more.

2 Likes

mobile players don’t have to aim. it’s very fair and the feeling of destroying a kid is the best feeling ever

@AnAbsurdName I’ll leave this to you.

You are the problem. You are presenting a view that is harmful to the majority of the playerbase; therefore, you are objectively incorrect.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

if you have any idea how snowball combos, jump resets, or direction-based momentum works idt you’d say that “since mobile players don’t have to aim the pvp between them and pc players is fair”. Yes, a good mobile player can trade and even beat good pc players in things like midfights (it’s fairly rare and the good pc players still usually do better for reasons I’ll get into in a bit) but when you add things like arrows and leap and snowballs and jump bridging and high cps for blocks it skews heavily towards the pc player’s favor.

When you imply that mobile players don’t have to aim it makes me think you don’t really understand fundamental pvp because no matter what platform you’re on you gotta look in at least the general direction of someone to minimize kb and jump reset. Mobile is not an exception to this rule and since you can’t hit and aim at the same time on mobile we mobile players have a distinct disadvantage when it comes to dealing with strafes and keeping momentum.

However, in bridge strafes aren’t usually a problem/something to worry about since its mostly on a 1block wide bridge. This is where things like snowball combos (first hit and mid trade) and high cps really come into play. These things are either very hard or downright impossible on mobile (at least on the old, good controls - the new controls are cheeks and so nobody really minds them), meaning that controller and kbm (keyboard and mouse) players a very large advantage over mobile players (and kbm players an advantage over controller players).

All in all, sbmm is terrible and inherently unfair.

8 Likes

Absurdname, The Mobile Master himself has approved. It has to be accepted now.

4 Likes

I agree with this.
SBMM is in fact a failed experiment, since it mainly drives players insane for getting matched up with Lvl 1s or Lvl 20s.
Also, Absurd has approved this meme, (I’m so sorry, my humor is terrible) so as JJ said, it has to be accepted.
+1 vote. :ballot_box:

2 Likes

oh do we talk in an accent now. Farewell as my opinion is false! We must agree on everything. what are you british

1 Like

Please be respectful on the forums :pray:

And please don’t assume everyone else isnt british because you aren’t. There are a lot of british people on the hive forums.

also pls hive no more sbmm :pleading:

5 Likes

just the world today, we have to agree on everything apparently. also please don’t take it personally im sarcastic to everyone

Some people may take it offensively though. While I’m not like that, some people may. Next time you’re going to post something, think about it, and the people who will see it.
Now let’s get back on topic.

1 Like

That isn’t the problem and I phrased it poorly earlier. Hive would be sacrificing the experience of most of the player base just to make a few players happy. Hive should do what is best for the most people.

I’m sorry if I came off as a bit rude before. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

no my fault sorry for being hostile

1 Like

well since this topic has been bumped uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh down with sbmm it sucks uh yeah um uh

3 Likes