Revamp Trapper Kit! And Rename it too! :0

Okay. I have a suggestion which is:

Renaming and Revamping Trapper Kit!
Okay. I never really see people using the kit to actually trap players, mostly using it for ambush attacks followed up by combos. So maybe the Hive could rename the Trapper kit to something that fits much better like Rogue Kit or Ninja Kit. Both of them fits well with the SkyWars Kits statue in the main hub! Well, the name change is minor, but maybe change the “Trapper Kit” a little bit? Like the kit could lose the shovel and the diamond pickaxe and have a new ability:

Shroud: It’s really the spell of invisibility but it makes your permanently invisible plus its renamed. Okay hear me out before you say “TOO OP!!” I have an idea one how it works.

So the spell can be broken when the player:

Opens a Chest.
Attacks a Player.
Gets attacked by a Player.
Gets Damaged generally, fall damage, fire etc.

Plus, if an invisible Trapper gets too close to another player, there could be a mechanic where the player could sense the Trapper, like seeing the Trapper faintly and make a sound to let the player know a Trapper is right next to them.

And once the spell is broken, the Trapper can automatically get the invisible effect back if he kills a player or after some time like 30 seconds and stuff.

There could be buffs or debuffs while being invisible like having Speed. Or having Slowness as if you are stealthily walking around the map.

The Reflect-Damage-Thing can go or stay. And the Armour disappearing mechanic can stay too.

Now. If you still think its OP. Bear in mind that permanently invisible hiders can be dealt with by spamming snowballs from a Baller kit in the location where you think the Trapper is or just attacking the first moment you see or hear that the Trapper is near thanks to the faintly-visible stealth Mechanic that I explained above.

The Soul particles (the blue thingies that come out the ground when an invisible Trapper moves) can stay or be removed.

This is all an idea, and it can be changed to make things more fair.

Tell me your thoughts too! Like how you think it should work and telling if this can or cannoy be viable for Skywars and stuff.

The name “Trapper Kit” is fine in my opinion. What thing I don’t like is that making invi spell permanent till deactivated makes it a very unfair game for others. Plus this would encourage camping and generally making it a hide and seek instead of being sw kits.

2 Likes

Good thinking. Maybe there could be mechanic that does NOT make them forever invisible?

How it could work is:

They can become invisible, but the invisibility wears off gradually or rapidly. The Trapper can stay invisible for 10 or 20 or something seconds and after that it either slowly wears off or it appears again in a flash.

Well now I think of it. Maybe the Trapper is fine with its nearly-never-used shovel :slight_smile: