Return trios to Bedwars

Bedwars just released… and it’s been kinda chaos in the community, and most of that will be fixed when seasons exist, but there is one thing that has been confirmed to not return: trios

Mega is also missing but there are some rumors that it is in files or that it will release soon, but no confirmation that it isn’t returning

to see trios return we must show support for the mode
Trios may have been the least played mode (aside from maybe mega), and no different from squads, but many players including I loved trios, I personally use trios way more than squads, so it would be great to see it return

Yes i have 2 freinds that i normally play with and id rather just us 3 than another random stranger who i dont mind TOO much

But also i would like Mega as it is easier for me to play and lvl up in it

6 Likes

This actually triggers me. So we can’t have 3 people in out party anymore? I thought it was just still in development, but I guess not! That means every game I play with 3 people in a squads game, there’s going to be that one guy stealing my iron? ughhhhh. Voted. I wish I could vote a billion times.

8 Likes

I 1000% agree with you, and I hope the Hive considers this. It seems quite illogical and annoying to me that they don’t have plans to re-add trios, me and my friends always get stuck in squads while being just 3 members, and of course end up losing the game. Please Hive, re-add trios.

6 Likes

Voted. One of the first things i thought when joining the Bedwars hub was “Where is trios?”

6 Likes

It seems logicial and understanding to me, when we have a look at SkyWars Trios player counts. It is by far the least played SkyWars mode, outside of SkyWars: Kits.

Also this is something many other games, such as Fortnite do as well. They do not offer Trios and will instead put you in Squads instead. Especially with Hive’s lower player counts, compared to Fortnite for example, it makes sense to remove it. This way queue times can be held to a minimum during night times.

However, there should be a no-fill option for players and parties, so that they can play games without randoms being part of the team. This way trolling and griefing can be avoided completely.

10 Likes

This is not a bad idea, but then parties would have to go 3 against 4 for instance.

5 Likes

this is what happens in squads when you only have 3 players in your party, you go against a team of 4. that’s why we need trios

5 Likes

I thought hive already had a system that automatically removes gamemodes during low player counts in regions for this exact purpose…
Anytime when I would play trios I wouldn’t have any more trouble queuing than doing any other mode

9 Likes

yeah, in NA it’s literally fine 24/7. probably more than 70% of my treausure wars wins were trios, sucks to see it gone. now we have to 3v4 full diamond armor teams with turrets and obsidian

4 Likes

Yeah, exactly

That happened to me anyway with my friends in a squad game we were just us 3

2 Likes

how is that fair skywars gets trios and bedwars doesnt?

6 Likes

Ðont give them anymore ideas :sob:

3 Likes

“One of longer-term goals is region agnostic matchmaking - allowing you to play against other regions from your “home” region. Dynamic game queues is a stopgap we’re testing until then, both to accommodate players that just want to get into a functional queue, and to have Platform-Based Matchmaking active more often.”

So they have a system they’re working on to help the problem, but decide to remove gamemodes instead?? Why not remove sg duos, bridge solos, both skykits, and skywars mega as well? I understand how less modes definitely help keeping queues fast and have pbmm active, but bedwars is a huge, popular mode. Having trios shouldn’t cause much of a problem, especially if there’s plenty of updates(seasons). Removing it was a dumb decision, it should have been the LAST resort. Not a decision they make before region agnostic matchmaking gets a chance.

…maybe they did try it, and it was really bad :man_shrugging:
Who knows, they don’t keep us updated on a lot of things for continuously saying “We want to be more open”

2 Likes

I hope that they will re-add trios as well!

4 Likes

What about GW and SG thry litterally never fill upnso i have to go to high ping America

and mega plz

2 Likes

100% agree with Mason on this. Trios needs to be added back. Stupid decision not to add back, they have solos, duos, and squads. But why not trios? Fully agree Mason, voted!

3 Likes

I bet the reason trios was removed was bc it was an overly sweaty gamemode with it being easy to grind in parties (each teammate breaks a bed), and I mostly understand that. but I do agree that gamemodes shouldnt be removed unless they split the playerbase too much and arent worth supporting, neither of which category fits trios

1 Like