Retain sheriff chances -murd disconnect

My suggestion is surrounding a very annoying aspect of the gameplay, which is not really hives fault, but could be fixed. This is concerning the fact that I often have games where I receive sheriff, but the murderer gets kicked or leaves, or any other situation. Now this wouldn’t suck as much if it didn’t waste your role completely, and at first I was thinking that it should just grant you sheriff the next game if the murderer left, but that would probably be abused, so instead I propose that whatever chances you had when you got sheriff would be retained if the murderer leaves, not necessarily guaranteeing that you will get sheriff again, but not having you wait as long as you have. This would just be a very good quality of life update, because the time it takes to even get sheriff or murderer can vary from 10 minutes to sometimes 40. Thanks to all who view and give feedback!

Yeah, that annoys me when I finally get to be sheriff, but the murderer leaves. Keeping
roughly the same chance to become sheriff again if the murderer leaves so early, could be a great addition to the game.

Yep, i hate it, Not your suggestion, but when the murderer leaves. It sucks, especially when i get sheriff. Voted.

When I’m the sheriff and it’s like two people left and I’m shaking in fear that the murderer to come and he just leaves out of nowhere makes me so mad. This definitely should be added.

yes this could actually work quite well however I can see it being abused still (to some extent)

I agree, but maybe another person could be granted murderer instead. This is also a solution to your problem that this could be abused as well.

1 Like

I do quite like this idea as well, but that might get to be a bit confusing, and it might throw some people off. Especially if the murd discons in the LATE portion of the round, it gives the new murderer a disadvantage.

Yeah, I mean to be fair I don’t really see how it could be abused, seeing as you can’t control when a murderer disconnects, and it wouldn’t matter much anyways, because the percent doesn’t guarantee that you will get sheriff again (trust me, had a 35% to 40% chance of being murd once, it took ages still)