Reset Momentum on Respawn

Backstory woah

On playing parkour worlds, I found it pretty fun. The parkours are interesting and engaging, the maps are beautiful… But then I died. I respawned thinking, “Oh. Well I guess I won’t do that again.” But then I died again. Twice.

The Problem

In some spots checkpoint are very small, and may be on the edge of a platform. If you die while on that checkpoint, you retain all momentum and can fall off multiple times more than just once. I’m on Xbox and can only imagine the possible struggle for mobile players.

The Solution

Set the player’s momentum variables to 0 (or whatever stationary is lol) upon death. As long as you’re not still moving forward when you die, you won’t fall off. I can’t see this being difficult to do, unless the player variables can’t be accessed in this scenario.

I actually found this one only around 30 minutes after release. I think it’s a bug, and probably will be fixed soon.

2 Likes

This is something I hate and just wastes your time. The opposite side to this is jumping and trying to land the jump off the checkpoint platform, but falling short due to slowness. This issue is also kind of in Geometry Dash, but slightly different. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think what should happen is they remove the blindness that it gives you, so it isn’t a repeating chain. In skewers parkour, you get slowed after dying, which is not good, so I think in all parkours it gives it like you just landed on the checkpoint :v:!

2 Likes

This is a feature as it is in the skywars hub parkour maps

@here what they should just do is add a toggle for hide respawn effects.

2 Likes