/report {Player Name, Killed by, teamate}

I think /report could be a good idea to add to all games especially treasure wars, because the fly hacking is nuts. This could provide a quick and easy way to get fly hackers out of the server and let everyone else play the game with out dying to a b-hoping, KAing, fly hacker who just obliterated everyone’s treasure before 5 gold has spawned.

have the hive discord open and ready when playing games like tw and sg so you can report it. They are usually very quick

1 Like

But everyone can not have discord AND Minecraft opened at the same time. For example I am on tablet and if I try to connect to discord when I am in Minecraft It disconnects me from minecraft immediately. I really agree with the implement of /report.

3 Likes

Then vote on the idea :neutral_face:

1 Like

Where would the reports go? Like you do /report blah blah blah Where will the command send the reports? How would admins view reports? Will people even use it? and most importantly

HOW WOULD THEY PREVENT ABUSE.

If you abuse the command they take the permission from you. If this was added they should probably only give it to hive+

1 Like

How would you know if you where admin if someone was abusing it ? if they ban someone actually hacking a few times and only once report this pc player. Also a pay wall for a command isn’t a good defense from having people abuse it. It just makes it more useless.

Just becuase you have Hive +, doesn’t mean you’re trustworthy, I’ve seen many Hive + hackers, or rule breakers.

4 Likes

@BeastMaster6027 There are plenty of ways to moderate report commands, such as having a cooldown to prevent spam. Not only that, if someone were seriously abusing the command such as reporting one player over and over again, those reports could be blocked and wouldn’t matter. In game reporting would work exactly the same as discord reporting, just a little bit better and more controlled. The admins know the difference between hacking and legit PC players, it wouldn’t be something to worry about.

1 Like

Interesting suggestion.

Personally I’m not a fan - I just see too many potential issues with it. Where would the reports go? How would admins see them and locate the players? How do you prevent the small admin team from being buried under a constant stream of hackers? I don’t think there’s any more than maybe 10 or so admins, and Hive is a server that has up to 17k users a day. Most probably wouldn’t report anyone, but with the amount of players and the amount of hackers (or even just normal players being reported for one reason or another) there’s bound to be a pileup eventually. You might say this is already the case on the Discord, but the Discord userbase isn’t quite as large as the entire server.

Its definitely a problem that players can’t always report players, but I don’t think this is the way to solve it.

Also, I believe if you collect video or photo evidence of the offence they can still take some sort of action though I’m not sure if that’s changed or what exactly they can do since it’s been a couple months since this was told to me.

2 Likes

You repeated what I said but in clearer and more put together way.

1 Like

To prevent abuse, put a cooldown. Don’t let someone report the same person twice in the span of let’s say a few hours. If admins decide the player is exploiting/abusing the system, they could punish them.

Maybe the reports show up in an admin-specific chat?

Reports could also be used to get the anti-cheat to better track down a hacker.

3 Likes

That’s essentially what Lifeboat’s /hacker command does, and I could see something like that working for the Hive. I’m just concerned about sheer volume of reports. There’s up often over ten thousand players online every day, and Hive has maybe 10 or so admins tops from what I can tell. Even if there is a cooldown the sheer ratio of players to admins would cause problems eventually. On Discord the admins usually stay on top of things, but it’s worth remembering there’s far less Discord members than there are players in-game and even less that will consistently use the chat to report.

2 Likes

Maybe there would be an overdose of reports, and admins will be surcharged and can’t punish everyone that got reported.

Many of the hackers are blantant. Maybe if the anti-cheat is given a little more attention it might give the admins more space.

2 Likes

I also think a report command could be abused like crazy, I would have been false reported like 10 times over if they had one, however I think it is a better idea to make the rules clear on the server, so maybe a rulebook for each game in the hotbar, before adding /report

1 Like

You can report players from ingame if you have a apple ipad, I’d show you how if you want

1 Like

@thegamingtoyyt Yes please I have one can you show me how to do that ?

Reporting players on the hive discord is fine, maybe /report would be easier but this is just fine, report at discord.gg/hive

Please don’t bump threads that have already have a had a full discussion, especially after the proposed feature is coming. @Hlzyzptlk Might want to lock this given that it is already coming.

4 Likes