Reorganize the Roadmap

So, as everyone should know at this point, Hive has a roadmap. It is sorted into five categories:

1. Released! - For features that have been released.
  2. Coming Next… - For features that will be added in the near future.
  3. In Progress - For stuff that is currently in the process of being created and implemented.
  4. Planned - For stuff that is planned to release, but work has not begun yet.
  5. Considering - For stuff that could be added depending on the community outlook.

That’s the stuff that should be there. Here’s what is actually there.

1. Released! - Stuff that’s been released.
  2. Coming Next… - Stuff that has a priority. Probably. When things are added to the Roadmap, they appear here. Nobody really knows if something is really Coming Next or not.
  3. In Progress - This stuff may come in the future, but there is no known information about it, so we don’t know how far into development they are.
  4. Planned - Planned. Other than that we know next to nothing.
  5. Considering - Hasn’t had anything in it since May, so I can’t say anything.

The majority of unreleased content on the Roadmap was added in September 2019. Either it’s remained in that spot with an uncertain fate, or the cards have been moved. It’s usually the first one.

Most stuff is in the Coming Next section. However, since we don’t know much information about everything there, it’s safe to assume that when something’s Coming Next, it’s either in progress or is planned.

My suggestion is to reorganize the Roadmap so it accurately displays the stages of development. Examples:

1. Released! - Move things here when they’re released. Oh, that’s already being done.
  2. Coming Next… - Move things here when they either (1) have a due date assigned or (2) Enough is known to guarantee the feature is indeed coming very soon.
  3. In Progress - Move things here when they’re in development and have not reached the point where the release is soon.
  4. Planned - Move things here when no other information about them is known other than the things are planned.
  5. Considering - Just add cards here so we know what the Hive team is considering.

Currently, there shouldn’t be any cards in Coming Next, as nothing there has a decided-upon due date. We don’t know when those features will release.

Examples of moving things would include:

• Moving Swarms to “In Progress”
  • Moving Quests v2 to “Planned”
  • Adding Netherite Swords to “Considering” (If it’s being considered)

This may seem like a long post, but it shouldn’t be too hard to implement. A little reorganization here can go a long way.

1 Like

Agree with this, also would want it to have the features in coming next to be in order relating to the position in development.

3 Likes

I completely agree with this, since the current roadmap is so unorganised that I stopped checking it.

4 Likes

The Roadmap has been modified extensively to represent information more accurately.

This suggestion can be closed.

6 Likes