Remove the "Deal x damage to seekers" quest

give a free mount to anyone who ever finished it while you’re at it.

i get it that 9/10 dailies in every single game translates in throwing the game, but this is beyond tolerable.

What is it with Forumers suggesting free mounts and pets?! Not to be rude, but as Hive has previously mentioned before, they will never add free mounts or pets. (But there is an exception for the April Fools jokes)

1 Like

What are you suggesting?

1 Like

this is one of my favorite quests on hive, don’t remove it please

1 Like

the mere existence of this quest is just them acknowledging that 1 game out of 5 the seeker will just afk.

the problem is you can’t deal damage until 2 minutes in, at which point actively trying to get the quest done is throwing the game. you really don’t want to mess with the seekers after there’s a bunch of them (let alone competent ones who can single-handedly clear a whole lobby consistently)

and why would they want to encourage you hitting the seeker in hide and seek to begin with?

i’d be fine with 10 hits for 30 points, but 60 hits is enough to kill 3 seekers.
sure i got it done in like 5 games, but i’ve been playing this since the early java days of this server.

i like to mess with the seekers as much as anyone else, but this quest is so stupid that i feel insulted for having to explain why

1 Like

Wow, that is very egoistic. You can’t expect everyone to have the same opinion and reasoning as you.

1 Like

If you don’t want to do this quest then don’t do it, please don’t ruin it for people who do. I personally as an ipad player absolutely love this quest and if you’re smart about it you won’t lose just from hitting the seekers a few times.

2 Likes

Wow yeah fr…
You kind of took it too far…

We won’t be removing the quest, but I certainly understand the need to make is slightly easier! We’ll look into lowering the damage requirement in the future :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

They are suggesting to remove the quest, not to add a free mount. The mount bit was just sarcasm

Also i haven’t played hive in a while so i have no idea what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

feel free to hit the seekers, removing the quest won’t stop you from doing it.

the problem is, just as in any other game with dailies, people rarely do them because they’re fun; it’s for the rewards
i can assure you that, for those who care about points and winning, this quest can be a massive pain

i’m allowed to express my opinion as much as anyone else, and if that’s enough for them to fix the quest then all the better

you’re still aware that a) this is an easy quest and b) you don’t need to pick it right?

1 Like

you do need to pick it if you want to maximize your points, which is how plenty (most i dare say) of people do quests, and also one of the main reasons to buy hive+.

the quest is easily one of the most time consuming (by far the most time consuming of the hide quests) depending on who’s playing at the moment. you’re not pulling that off against people who actively seek, let alone those discord teams of level 75 who keep voting hospital and pripyat.

the only way the quest can be easily done (the most consistent way actually) is by bullying phone players. do i really need to explain why that’s wrong?
i’ve had one guy begging me to stop killing him, i’m not even joking

you don’t want to encourage that kind of behaviour, that should be common sense. that and you have to actively risk throwing the match.

you like it for some reason, but i highly doubt even you can’t see how easily irritating it can be to some people

by the way, isn’t the point of the game to hide and not to fight seekers? i think you might agree with me on that

this quest takes 15 minutes AT MOST, meanwhile the “collect 3 purple coins” mm quest could take hours. I do not see this quest as a problem at all.

There are actually 3 ways u can play the game and hiding is the least fun, running (what I do) involves hitting the seekers anyways and this is a quest that is geared towards that. Other quests (kill x hiders) is a quest geared towards seeking, and there was that “win in your first hiding spot” quest geared towards hiders. I really appreciate how they’re making hide quests for all the different types of play!

1 Like