Remove speed effect from speed berries when hit with a sword

As of right now, berries are very overpowered in pvp. They make you take barely any kb and are very broken especially in mobile lobbies where people can’t just bowspam to keep the berry spammers at bay. Berries are obviously essential, as they allow you to catch up to someone running away with your flag, or outrun people after grabbing theres.

However, there is a very easy way to nerf their combat potential while still allowing them to serve their intended function - after someone takes damage from a sword while holding a sword themself with speed, remove the effect. This way people can use them to catch up to someone but cannot use them to autowin pvp fights.

Some players might argue that this removes a core part of the game, but I would counterargue that no it doesn’t and instead allows for fairer, more fun fights. Arrow combos are still a thing, blocks still exist, and we can always just be better than our opponent. Berries aren’t a crutch we need to win fights, we can supplement that with skill instead.

Yes, swiftness is a huge advantage in pvp, but this nerf is way too big, let me explain some. In just pvp, this change is actually pretty good, overall though… is a bad change. The biggest reason in my opinion is, that speed berries are mostly used to capture the flag and speed away back to their base. This nerf would basically remove that core aspect of the game, since there is usually someone defending that will get 1 hit off. Then the only point of even buying them would be to catch up to someone and hope you don’t get hit along the way, so making them almost useless to buy. A kb boombox would be better at that point, which could also be a good replace that would remove the problem you’re talking about. Causes a few more problems and won’t work on some maps so it can’t be that. The only option I see that won’t change the gameplay hugely would be a special, weaker sword that will remove the effect when you hit a player with it.

5 Likes

Actually everything that :point_up_2: said is very reasonable. What’s the point of speed berries if you get hit most of the time anyway?

to catch up with someone who’s running away from you, which is the intended purpose as far as I know. This nerf to berries would preserve the intended use while removing their pvp use

you can capture the flag without a speed berry fyi

My point is if you’re gonna nerf it this much it might as well be removed.

1 Like

I’d rather not have it removed as it does serve a purpose but nerfing it is imperative as right now people can buy a bunch of speed berries and win every fight without being good at the game.

However, if ur worried about not being able to grab the flag with the berry then maybe getting hit with a sword while holding the flag doesn’t remove the effect or smth, thats fine with me

I just want people who use them to win fights to lose the effect after getting hit by a sword (u can berry then arrow combo and not get hit thats fine with me)

1 Like

Maybe the speed boost activates when and only when you are holding berries. There would be a timer and the countdown goes down when you hold them and stops when your not.

1 Like

would that mean you’d have to have 2 berries in order to use speed? I do think this idea has merit tho, maybe remove the effect so long as a sword is being held instead of having to hold berries for speed?

1 Like

Why would you need 2 berries. When yiu hold thr berries a countdown goes off and when its run out the berry will disappear

2 Likes

This would remove a core part of the game. If you could just hit somebody with a sword to stop their speed, then you could just get your own speed berries and hit them. This would also make it especially unfair for flag holders, as not only is the flag holder’s speed effect weakened by their slowness effect, now non-flag holders can just speed up with their own speed berries and remove the speed effect from the flag holder entirely. I don’t think this would be a good idea aaaaaaand as JJ said,

if you’re going to nerf it that bad, then just remove it.

Have a great day :smile:

what if instead you could only lose the speed effect when hit if holding a sword, that way flag holders could simply hold something else and keep their speed

1 Like

But that’s not what you said?

And also this post wouldn’t have a point then because not only would that be too easy to avoid losing speed but also flag holders are all usually holding blocks in their hand anyway.

the point is to remove the pvp aspect of speed berries while still retaining their other uses :blobheart:

1 Like

please stop pinging me im trying to do school

1 Like