Remove Chat in MM

MM is basically Minecraft Among Us. You, as the murderer, must confuse the other people. But I think that went over your head :joy:

3 Likes

I dont see the harm in working together to find out who the murderer isā€¦ if your identity is announced to the game mabye youā€™ll just have to play it sneaky, I dont think that ruins the game

6 Likes

Yeah, but at some point SOMEONE is gonna have to see it, you cant keep it a secret the whole time, and again, when people are teaming, well how do you keep that a secret?

Totally agree with this idea, especially helps people lk me who use obscure skins and can be easily called out.

Plus the chat is mainly used by keyboard bc it takes so long to type in chat on console. Switch takes the longest with a solid 15-30 seconds wasted compared to keyboards few seconds

Thats why it isnā€™t used. Most of the community is on consoles and canā€™t use the chat function whilst others can. Thereā€™s nothing Hive can do on making it faster for us to type so just itā€™s easier to get rid of the feature.

thats what i did. i was murderer and sed it was the sonic skin. the funnier thing was that it was me, sonic and sherrif so it was an easy gg

(bump)

I agree with the post, especially if they say in chat that ā€œTheir friend told themā€ thats definitly a red flag. its basically bypassing the ghost chat. I mean if youā€™re in a voice chat with others, then you canā€™t really moderate that unless they say something in game. once it goes into game chat, its reportable.

But other than that, Voted!

This would just make bypassing ghost chat more common. I really donā€™t think they should remove chat.

3 Likes

i dont understand what you mean by that

well, teaming is a bannable offense, and also how do you team in murder mystery?

3 Likes

an innocent or sheriff teams with the murderer, where they wonā€™t kill each other and in some cases the innocent shoots another innocent to allow the murderer to win the game. Itā€™s a very common occurrence and is very annoying because the innocent that is teaming can grab the sheriff hat (magnifying glass but everyone still calls it the hat) and then if u miss ur 1shot bow u cant kill the murderer anymore.

1 Like

I have never heard anyone say that before

1 Like

it used to be called the sheriff hat, before they added prestiging

6 Likes

not really considering the chances two people playing together getting sheriff and murderer in the same game are low, also what does this have to do with chat in mm lol

I donā€™t think you have ever played with competent teamers before, do you play murder mystery often? Barely anyone would care about teamers if they didnā€™t do this, but they do it all the time so itā€™s very annoying.
It is very standard practice for teamers to have the murderer teamer go around killing everyone until they kill the sheriff, and then they camp the hat while they wait for their friend to grab it. Once that happens people have to rely on hitting their first shot because otherwise thereā€™s no way to elim the murderer. Also sometimes the sheriff teamer will try to shoot the last good player so that their murderer friend gets the win.

2 Likes

You forget that the chats been the point of the game sense hypixal

1 Like

? Hive has nothing to do with Hypixel.

Also since im here i might as well state my opinions on this topic

Itā€™s quite easy for me to type on switch, with touch controls and whatnot.
Try typing on an xbox lol

NEVER compare murder mystery to among us around me ever again
not literally its a joke please

I agree! Iā€™m also gonna vote :+1:

3 Likes

oml thats amazing how have I not thought to do that

1 Like

As an Xbox player, I feel that. It is painful trying to type.

3 Likes

Yeah typing on an Xbox is sufffering unless youā€™re good at it (Iā€™m not). I have a keyboard tho hehe

1 Like

The chats litteraly a core function of the game as the point of being a innocent is to assist the sheriff. I cant see how removeing the chat would keep the game balanced for the murdurer vs the innocents.

2 Likes

It isnā€™t really a core function. The innocents assist the sheriff by getring bows to defeat the murderer, and if someone says in chat ā€œMurder is guy that looks like a potatoā€ it isnā€™t really a Murder Mystery is it.

1 Like