Remove a Feature from Capture The Flag

• Idea Remove a Feature from Capture The Flag*

There’s this feature in Capture The Flag That just ruins The Game it’s when both Teams Have the other Teams Flag and you need Your Flag To Score a point in Capture The Flag. It would be much better if you Didn’t need to Have your Flag at your Base to Score a point. So That’s why i think it should be removed

and i Have checked to see if this was a Dupe

Thanks For Reading This and I Hope you Have a wonderful Day :cubee:

1 Like

What are you specifically suggesting here?
What is the “feature” you want to be removed?

I did an edit to the Topic so it would make a little more sense

There’s the flag curse
That’s enough imo

1 Like

Ctf has enough players for them to be able to make an ltm of that feature being turned off to see which one players would prefer.
Although this feature being turned off seems like a good idea, it has a lot of issues. One big one being that games would have even more spawning killing. People would camp the other spawn and wait for the flag to get captured so they can grab it instantly and win the game in this speed race version of ctf. There would be no need for defense, since this seems like it would cause the game to be a race. We dont need another race game, we have dr and bridge.

3 Likes

Yeah… then it would be a race to get to the other side and defending would become useless. Ctf is perfect in its current state except for bow spamming.

1 Like

No, it would be easier for me and other ppl to lose

In my opinion, this feature would completely kill the pace of the game. If you’ve ever played capture the flag in real life, you’ll know how tense it can be as people race back and forth to tag the other team, and also flat out sprinting to get the flag back to your base. If this feature was removed ‘in real life’, as it were, it would remove much of this exhilaration from the game, as you wouldn’t need to defend, and I believe this would apply to the Hive’s version too.
The game would become a mess of TNT spamming to break defenses, leaving the only counter being berries, armour and weapons. These things, however, cost a decent amount of gold, and if the game went by that quickly you wouldn’t be able to purchase them, rendering the counter useless.
Furthemore, as mentioned above there are other issues, such as spawnkilling, and there are items in the game you can use to get your own flag back, such as the flag curse.

5 Likes

Maybe add this as another mode alongside regular CTF?

Hmm… yeah. This is annoying, but I’m sure there’s a better solution. Otherwise the game would be very short lol

There should not be a solution at all because someone would still score either way. Idk why this topic was bumped tbh

Wait a second, wouldn’t that just make this bridge with extra steps?

Oh- you’re right

1 Like

BUNP since I duped this by mistake (Sorry)

I personally agree with removing this feature from CTF since all it really does is slow the game to a crawl, forcing the people with the flag to play a waiting game in hopes they don’t get killed or get cursed with the flag curse first. I don’t mind long games as long as they are fun and engaging, but the CTF stalemate moments are neither fun or engaging. Infact, they’re quite the opposite.

And to be honest, I really don’t see how removing this would make CTF any more like Bridge, since in Bridge, everyone gets sent back to their starting point as soon as someone scores. That wouldn’t happen in CTF whether the stalemates remain or not. Not just that, but the fact that you can stop the enemy from scoring once they get to your goal already sets CTF apart from Bridge even without the stalemates. Just because something is unique and different from other versions of the game does NOT mean its good. Infact, the rule that causes the stalemate is the worst thing about this version of CTF. I’d rather watch paint dry than sit through another one of those stalemates ever again.

Although, if this was removed, I think that they would need to make getting the other team’s flag more challenging to prevent games from going too fast. My other post had an idea where it would take 3 seconds to get the other team’s flag so you would have to keep the enemy team at bay instead of instantly rushing towards ths flag. I think doing it this way would make the game more fun and engaging while preventing it from ending too fast. Whereas right now, its just excruciatingly boring.

1 Like

I would have to agree with you

That right there…

2 Likes

I don’t see this happening. The point of CTF is to obviously capture the flag, but in order to do that you need your flag. That adds a challenge to CTF so it’s actually a fun game. Also, it would turn into a speed running game trying to get their flag to your base like 1 second before them. It would completely ruin the game and people would stop playing it because it would become a speed game.
Also please check your capitalisation errors, they would make my old 6th grade teacher scream like a 8 inch cockroach was crawling up her leg.

1 Like

People calm down I made this post over a year ago, I even forgot about it

4 Likes

We aren’t arguing with you, we just disagree with you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dude I know, I don’t even play on this server anymore lol

1 Like