Ranking system for tw

I’ve been playing tw for a while now and believe every game would be much more competitive if there was a ranking system. Very much like the rocket league ranking system , if someone were to compete against players of their own skills , it would make it much more challenging for someone like conninq to grind for leaderboards. Also each rank would have it’s own leaderboard to keep everything fair . I was thinking there should be 8 different ranks, with a certain amount of match points to rank up. For instance, highest rank requiring a matchmaking point level of 1800-2000 , the division below that 1600-1799, etc. If you win first place in your game your matchmaking level goes up by 5 points, second place gives you 3 points, and third place gives you 1 point. The amount of points and all those values is completely up to the hive team but that is the overall concept.

Isn’t that what XP levels are for?

No, unfortunately everytime I join a solo game I’m paired with level 10 and under and it’ll be me level 55 and probably 1 or 2 other moderate to high level people. A ranking system would make this much more challenging I believe.

So, I like the idea of this but it would just make newer players not want to play on the server, this is because hackers will most likely have new accounts meaning they will be low level facing new players.

1 Like

Hackers are the hive teams problem, as long as the players report the hacker they are doing their part as a community member. I also don’t really see that many hackers on the hive, out of the one year playing I’ve only encountered 2 hackers which I reported to the hive discord.

minecraft is a game where there are younger audience, there are probally a BUNCH of kids who arent 13 yrs and unable to report hackers in discord.

I’ve flip flopped opinion wise on something like this a lot, but my thoughts now would be that I’d be fine with it if the leaderboards on hive gave out rewards or something like that. Without a elo system or leaderboard rewards, I feel this would just end up giving worse players a significantly easier experience and sort of end up punishing more elite players, since there’s nothing to play for right now except for raw win count and levels.

with a proper elo system and a leaderboard rewards system that is also tied in with the elo system, I’d be for this in the future, but the chance of hive adding a elo system are pretty slim, and I think the odds of adding this would be slim as well.

Also after reading into what you suggested, I think giving points for second and third would probably be a bad way to do it in basically any of the pvp modes, and using kdr instead to determine elo if you don’t win would be a better method, with the only exception of skywars imo, I don’t think 3rd place in a treasure wars or survival games game is generally the 3rd best player in that game

3 Likes

This has already been suggested here Treasure Wars / Ranked Gamemode you can vote on that
next time before making a suggestion, make sure you use the search feature on the top right to avoid making duplicate posts.

Duplicate Suggestion