Ranked Gamemodes

for tressure wars and pvp games

adding a ranked game for tw and other gamemodes would be nice,so most beginners wont have to worry about better players and better players will go againest equally skilled indivisuals
More info
thats all

would be cool if other gamemodes also get ranked like skw,mm,etc

There is already a system for “ranks”, but it’s just the Leaderboard, you can type /leaderboard in Hive to see it

What?
That’s not the same at all. A ranked mode you can progress to get higher skilled lobbies that give you more of a challenge. The way it is rn is just random players, doesn’t matter skill, there is a platform based match making where it puts you with the same device if it has 200 players or more. A leaderboard is not the same as a ranked mode, if it was then skill based match making in bridge solos wouldn’t be a thing. Skill based match making is kinda a ranked mode, but you don’t know where you are placed in terms of skill(unless you decide to study the system for months). Also leaderboard shows how much time you play and win, nothing about skill.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood it then lol sorry

1 Like

A “challenge queue” thing like what CubeCraft has (not sponsoring CubeCraft that server is trash) where it supposedly puts you in queues with same console players, could theoretically be ported with some modifications.

This is called pbmm (platform-based-matchmaking) and hive already has it in most of their games. Only problem is that types of skill aren’t exclusive to specific consoles.

1 Like

Hello! :wave:

Welcome to the Forums! :mailbot:

First off, it’s a dupe. Link here

If what you mean is “put people of the same skill in lobbies with others of the same skill”, this wouldn’t be that good of an idea, since there arent too many prestige 5s playing at once. If you mean “put people in queues of people using the same platform” it’s a better idea, but this would mean that you can’t play with your PC player friend if you’re not on PC, which would be really annoying.

Overall, not a good idea. I will not be voting. Tip: you can vote on your own topics.

Have a great day! :smile:

I think this goes with all PVP games