Ramree: SG Map

For any of you that don’t know, Ramree is an island in Myanmar where in 1945 the battle of Ramree took place.

Battle of Ramree

The battle of Ramree begun on the 14th of January 1945. At the time, it was owned by the Japanese but was being reclaimed by the British to build a strategic airbase there. From what I have found, the battle started when a British battleship began firing shells at the island; then the british began bombing the island with planes. When aerial superiority over the island was achieved by the British, they sent troops into Ramree.

Japanese forces fought back, but were outnumbered and outkitted by the British Forces and were forced to retreat into the mangrove swamp to escape to Mainland Burma (Now Myanmar).

It was at night- the Japanese forces, many already wounded, entered the swamps. 1000 alive. The british didn’t give chase. Fortunately. Throughout the night piercing screams of Japanese soldiers echoed through the air. They were being eaten alive by 20ft saltwater crocs. Some accounts say the crocodiles bashed their tales against trees to knock the soldiers out of them into the water. Blood mixed with the saltwater. 1000 ebtered the swamps, atleast 500 died.

After reading the Battle of Ramree, you may be thinking, “WOAH this would be awesome for a map!” Or you may be thinking, “How does this translate into a SG map?” Let me answer that question for you.

The Map

You spawn in the middle of the swamp, with yours and other players podiums sticking out the water. There is a small rock with the chests, and alot of lily pads between this rock and the podiums. The rest of the map? Mostly swamp, with mangrove trees and lily pad parkour (you could just swim). Chests are just in reach in the trees, or you can find them underwater. At one of the edges of the map there are a few ruins of Ramree, and the battleship mid-fire attacking the island. The map also has many crocodiles. Lurking on the waters surface, waiting underwater, bashing trees. They are almost everywhere. This map would be at night and with the darkness effect. Skulls and redstone (blood) would be found around the map regularly too.

I hope you like my idea! :smile:

Idk if Hive would want to make a map from a real war… Especially WWII.

7 Likes

Not saying it’s real (I don’t think) SG4 is kinda like war, plane crashes, cars in fire and such.

6 Likes

SG4 has more of an apocalypse theme and (to my knowledge) isn’t based on real events. I can see how they could be similar though.

7 Likes

agreed idk about that

3 Likes

although how much detail you put in this I’m not sure about parents wanting their kids to play a map based off the World War, i know its history and im a history geek but still World War Two was pretty harsh :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It wouldn’t show any people but I do still understand.

2 Likes

Great idea, SG hasn’t gotten an update in a long time, i think they could add new levels while doing it

3 Likes

Think about it tho. As long as HIVE doesn’t say it’s from WWII then they would have no reason to want to hide it.

2 Likes

The only unique thing about this map is the blood, which as others have said isn’t necessary for SG.
I like the mangrove idea, sg just needs more maps

3 Likes